1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

********* Subwoofer problems?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by POWHANA, May 29, 2012.

1. May 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    POWHANA

POWHANA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Is anyone running the ********* subwoofer in there double cab new generation? I am wondering if anyone is having problems with their seat not folding down with it

2. May 29, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    thebaker

thebaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    I just installed a single 10" ********* box with and image dynamics sub behind the rear seats in my 2009 double cab. I installed it on the drivers side behind the rear seat. I've taken off the plastic behind the set but i still cannot fold the seat all the way down. My ********* box slides around ever so slightly so i'm going to mount it somehow against the back wall (just not sure how i'm going to do this yet). I'm dissapointed because i thougt the seat would still fold flat.

3. May 30, 2012 at 12:21 AM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    I know this is not the box your talking about, but it may help give you some help or ideas :notsure: This is the JL Audio Stealthbox loaded with two 10's. Had to cut out the factory storage area and this box bolts directly through the rear wall of the cab with the nut on the inside of the box... pretty much theft proof :D

Anyways, I have no idea what the ********* box looks like, but maybe this can help. I know the seats not folded all the way flat in the picture, but it does go all the way down without any problem or force.

[​IMG]

4. May 30, 2012 at 5:55 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Don't have that box, but you might need to cut the back plastics mount tabs off to get the box slid all the way onto the back wall.

5. May 30, 2012 at 6:52 AM
    POWHANA

POWHANA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Hey thanks guys, too bad about the ********* box. That JL stealth is super sweet and stealthy. I wonder if JL makes a box for behind the driver side, I already have an amp mounted behind passenger side

6. May 30, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    mountainprimat2

mountainprimat2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefan
    Proctorsville, VT
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Off-Road 6spd man
    Eibach Pro 2.5 CoilOvers(Front), Icon RXT 2.5 (Rears), Toytec Bumps, ICON RXT Multi-Rate Leaf Spring, Icon UCAs, Toytec Carrier Bearing drop, Toytec Front Diff drop, 33inch BFG KO2s on 17'' American Racing Wheels, TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, TRD CAI, Grillcraft Grilles(U/L), MOT's Badge Grille Mod (Red), Black Bed Lined Rear Bumper, Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares, OEM Roof Rack, Husky Floor Liners, TRD 6spd Shifter Knob, Cobra CB w/ Firestick II, Interior LED Map(RED)/Dome(WHITE) Lights, LED Licence Plate Lights, LED Amber Fogs, Plasti Dip Badges, Trailer Harness Relocate, Thule Tail Gate Pad + Bed Rack, LEER Bed Cap

What the pricing on one of these, if you don't mind me asking, im intrigued

7. May 30, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    evh5150

evh5150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    2010 D/C S/B V6 6 Speed
    Bilstein/5100 combo from Toytec. LR UCA's.1.5 AAL's Full audio upgrade.Pioneer 8400, JL Audio subs. All Boston Acoustic pro speakers, and a Kenwood XRS 5 amp. Grillcraft, Smittybuilt stainless steps. Debadged. Soon 17x8 ATX Ledge wheels w/285/70/17 BF Goodrich
    About 700.00 or 800.00 and stay away from ********* junk. Go with Mr. Marv

8. May 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    You can get this exact model for around 650 if you can find it on sale. Retail is around 750 I believe. I got mine for $500 but that's only because I have connections. I used to work in the mobile electronics industry. It comes pre loaded with the subs. Only 1 option per vehicle, they are not customizable. Sounds great. Totally worth it IMO. Fits like a glove on there, but that storage bin has to be hacked up though. The box sits flush against the back cab wall.

9. May 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM
    TennesseeFan76

TennesseeFan76 I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Member:
    First Name:
    Phill Goodfactor
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner DCLB
    3 inch lift, Debadged, 5% Tint, Custom Stereo, BHLM, Fog Light Mod, Sockmonkey Decals, OEM Bedmat, Plasti Dip Front Valence, Slims 6K HIDs (thanks goes to TheGloryFades), Hyper yellow fog lights, LED interior lights, Satoshi Grille with FJ Emblem, Pro Comp lights behind Satoshi, FatMat
    I have ********* and mine wont fold down without potentially damaging the subwoofer and I took off the back plastic. Mine does not shift though and I love the sound!

Products Discussed in

To Top