Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Will tundra crewmax JL stealthbox fit behind the seat of a doublecab Tacoma??

Old 06-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
OoRrLlYy is on a distinguished road
OoRrLlYy's Tacoma Gallery
Will tundra crewmax JL stealthbox fit behind the seat of a doublecab Tacoma??

I wanna put a stealthbox out of a Tundra crewmax in my doublecab Tacoma! Will it fit? Has anyone tried this? I want to upgrade my sound system but would rather have a 13tw5 than two 10w1 subs.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't you just use a subwoofer enclosure DESIGNED for the Double Cab Tacoma with a 13TW5 in your truck? Would that make too much sense? I know Marv makes them.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doubtful because the tundy box goes under the seat firing back and has a little lip by the sub the contours to the back if the seat in the tundy. Either making your box per a prefab will be fine. Jl makes a stealth box for the tacoma if you don't want that check out supercrewsound.com they make a box that will fit 1, 2, or 3 JL W3's.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
qualitysound is a glorious beacon of lightqualitysound is a glorious beacon of lightqualitysound is a glorious beacon of lightqualitysound is a glorious beacon of lightqualitysound is a glorious beacon of lightqualitysound is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: AMMO  I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.!!!
Name: Paul
qualitysound's Tacoma Gallery
^^^Truth, but to answer your question, no, it won't fit. The back walls are very different.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #5
qualitysound is a glorious beacon of lightqualitysound is a glorious beacon of lightqualitysound is a glorious beacon of lightqualitysound is a glorious beacon of lightqualitysound is a glorious beacon of lightqualitysound is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I'm doubtful because the tundy box goes under the seat firing back and has a little lip by the sub the contours to the back if the seat in the tundy. Either making your box per a prefab will be fine. Jl makes a stealth box for the tacoma if you don't want that check out supercrewsound.com they make a box that will fit 1, 2, or 3 JL W3's.

The doublecab box goes under the seat. The crewmax goes behind the seat.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
OoRrLlYy is on a distinguished road
OoRrLlYy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Why don't you just use a subwoofer enclosure DESIGNED for the Double Cab Tacoma with a 13TW5 in your truck? Would that make too much sense? I know Marv makes them.
Well yes I've thought of that but the reason I'm asking is because I would rather have the 13tw5 vs two-10w1 and I can get the tundra box locally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Actually the crewmax stealthbox mounts behind the seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualitysound View Post
^^^Truth, but to answer your question, no, it won't fit. The back walls are very different.
Yes the back walls are different but I don't need it to fit flush like its supposed to be there, I just wanted to know if they'll fit period
Old 06-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
You'd have to find one locally or contact JL. The Tundra has more room behind the seat but those are the only ways to know for sure.

I'd just build one or have one built.