Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Factory speakers back in... window's wont work

Old 06-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Factory speakers back in... window's wont work

So I put the factory speakers back in. I didn't put the tweeters back in. I left the speakerwire for the tweeters unconnected because I don't have the factory tweeters anymore. The door speakers work, but the windows do not. I checked the plugs, they are plugged in. The power locks work. I think I checked the fuse but I'm not sure if it was the right one. Any knowledge would be awesome. I'm working on it tonight.

I'm thinking I should run the wire from the tweater into the door speaker
Old 06-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
You sure you plugged in the second harness for the window switches on the passenger side? I'm betting you didn't.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
I did boss, as soon as it didn't work I took the panel right back off and checked again... I'm about to take the doors off again. I bet I have to wire in the tweeter wire to something.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #4

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
come on Stallion, help me one last time before I trade in my truck LOL
Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hold the phone, you took off the PASSENGER side window button panel too?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Sounds Gooooood

I think they are wired in series with each other so if you forgot one of the 2 harnesses that go into the window/lock switch on the passenger side the one on the drivers side wont work either.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #7

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Hold the phone, you took off the PASSENGER side window button panel too?
yeah i checked both of them... they are plugged in
Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #8

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
going back out to triple check em, if they are plugged in I'm going to try and run my loose tweeter wire to the woofer
Old 06-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
Sounds Gooooood

I wouldn't do that. The stereo is a totally independent system. It has NOTHING to do with the windows. Hell I haven't had stock speakers or used ANY of the stock wiring for about 3 years.

Check all the harnesses and make sure they're in all the way. I know there's two on the passenger side and the large one on the drivers side is a little tricky. Make sure it locked in place.

PS: My memory is fresh because I did an install for someone tonight....like an hour ago.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #10

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
they are all three hooked up. Why would the door locks still work?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
Sounds Gooooood

No idea. It's possible you popped a fuse but highly unlikely. Is that stupid window "lockout" button pressed in?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #12

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
You got it. It popped a fuse. We are back up and running. Thanks for all your advice bud. You have helped me out several times. PM me when you come to Austin.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #13
Sounds Gooooood

Nice. I wonder how that happened. Very odd. But glad you got it worked out!