Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Access Cab Sub box suggestions

Old 06-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Access Cab Sub box suggestions

So I would like to upgrade my 09 Access Cabs audio. The main challenge to me seems to be getting a good Sub box, since there isnt much room to work with. I have seen the custom boxes that can be found for the A/C that mount behind the center console and cover the little storage box already. Most of them never show a picture with my year truck tho, and they are always missing one key thing..

My Taco came with the ugly sub mounted on the back wall already, so I was wondering... Has anyone tried to upgrade that factory Sub, or make a custom box to take its place? I dont want/need anything huge, 8-10s would be more then fine really.

Pictures, suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Jnizzle is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
Jnizzle's Tacoma Gallery
For What its worth, heres the box I am building for my first gen a/c. Downfiring 8''

3/4''x3/4'' wooden skeleton

Fiberglassed, Bondo, and primer. This is where im at now..

If your at all handy with making stuff then go for something like this, its not too hard it just takes patience and time.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
adaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shed

adaptedtheory's Tacoma Gallery
that box looks dope, I'm trying to pull something similar^^
Old 06-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
0psi is a splendid one to behold0psi is a splendid one to behold0psi is a splendid one to behold0psi is a splendid one to behold0psi is a splendid one to behold0psi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Tommy
0psi's Tacoma Gallery
I built a box for 1 8" for my 09.Check out pics in my profile.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
wonton77 is on a distinguished road

wonton77's Tacoma Gallery
here's what I did

The box is from supercrewsound.com. My 09 has a center console in the rear so I had to do some minor cutting with the dremel. I was able to fit an 8 " JL subwoofer and it sounds pretty good

Old 06-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton77 View Post
The box is from supercrewsound.com. My 09 has a center console in the rear so I had to do some minor cutting with the dremel. I was able to fit an 8 " JL subwoofer and it sounds pretty good

Not a bad Idea!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
Still not worthy!

Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
From another post.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...s-cab-sub.html
Old 06-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
Still not worthy!

Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWell View Post
can I get one on eBay?
I'm sure you can find one on Ebay, but alot of the boxes are made for the 05-08 access cab's that didnt come with the speaker mounted on the back wall. I am currently saving up some $$ and will be hitting up a shop to see what custom ideas they can do using the space the speaker is mounted on.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #10
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
JL Sub and their stealthbox. I will be putting it in my truck in the next to weeks. Only thing is it takes up some. Console space.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
Still not worthy!

Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night View Post
JL Sub and their stealthbox. I will be putting it in my truck in the next to weeks. Only thing is it takes up some. Console space.
I took a look at those, its just a bummer they are so darn expensive
Old 06-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #12
Still not worthy!

Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...rear-seat.html

Another good idea!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
if youre interested in building something like the box i made sawick i can give you dimensions, i was only able to get .25 ft3 tho, but rockford fosgate makes a 8" shallow mount with an ideal sealed box volume of .25
Old 06-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #14
Still not worthy!

Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Sure, I would love the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
if youre interested in building something like the box i made sawick i can give you dimensions, i was only able to get .25 ft3 tho, but rockford fosgate makes a 8" shallow mount with an ideal sealed box volume of .25
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #16
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Went and priced out a sheet of mdf at the depot today. Think I'm just gonna build my own enclosure.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #17
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Posted dimensions for my box here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...rear-seat.html
Old 03-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #18
hacklerjason is on a distinguished road
hacklerjason's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to hacklerjason Send a message via MSN to hacklerjason Send a message via Yahoo to hacklerjason Send a message via Skype™ to hacklerjason
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-retrofit.html
heres my idea but it comes with a problem im still in the solving process with... its kind of y baby because i started with a pen and paper and made it reality... i still got plans in progress... i need to scan them at my moms, i dont have a scanner
Old 03-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #19
hacklerjason is on a distinguished road
hacklerjason's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to hacklerjason Send a message via MSN to hacklerjason Send a message via Yahoo to hacklerjason Send a message via Skype™ to hacklerjason
sorry for the revival... was just cruising the forums and i have something i just put together
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #20
00boozy is on a distinguished road
00boozy's Tacoma Gallery
Access Cab Sub box suggestions-vanessa-me-537_crop.jpgHERES A BOX I MADE FOR MY 2013