Notices

2008 tacoma Ipod adapter suggestions?

Old 12-31-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
LJAZ
pantherius is on a distinguished road
Name: LJ
pantherius's Tacoma Gallery
2008 tacoma Ipod adapter suggestions?

I am going back and forth on the ipod adapter.

Should I get the USA Spec? The Dice version? Or something else?

Also considering the huge price difference,,, what do you think about that adapter versus the FM transmitter or the headphone/AUX adapter?

I mean we're talking 120.00 vs 20.00 dollars here.

Thanks!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World!!!
I have the PA15-TOY adapter in my truck, and it sounds just like CD's. And it lets me navigate the Ipod via the steering wheel controls. It was an easy install, and couldnt be happier with it. I have seen them for $120.00. They also keep your Ipod charged, and turn off the Ipod when you shut off your truck.
http://www.mp3carpros.com/product_in...roducts_id=107
Old 12-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the Ipod2Car and love it... keeps the ipod charged and lets you use your steering wheel controls as well. Plugs into the 6 disc changer port on the back of your stock radio. It's made by Peripheral Electronics.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
I just put a PA15-TOY in my wife's highlander. It's a sweet adapter. Like chris says, you can control the thing with your steering wheel controls and it charges also. It is SWEET!!

FM modulator sounds like shit, that's what I got. Actually it sounds more like ass.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
i have one made by vais tech. i can control the ipod from the stereo or from the ipod itself. excellent unit but i'm thinking of selling it in favor of a new alpine head unit. vais tech only makes ipod adapters for toyota/lexus vehicles.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
LJAZ
Thanks!

I know I want the 120.00 one, but obviously for pocket book reasons,, does anyone know how the cheaper ones work out? Any good luck stories?

Otherwise the PA15-toy adapter seems to be the way to go?
Old 12-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
i'll let mine go if you want a used one. PM me for info.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:23 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherius View Post
I know I want the 120.00 one, but obviously for pocket book reasons,, does anyone know how the cheaper ones work out? Any good luck stories?

Otherwise the PA15-toy adapter seems to be the way to go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyturn View Post
i'll let mine go if you want a used one. PM me for info.
If you end up getting the one from itsmyturn, or anyone for that matter, depending on how far you are, I can install it for ya.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #10
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you end up getting the one from itsmyturn, or anyone for that matter, depending on how far you are, I can install it for ya.
You just offering cause she's a chick?
Old 12-31-2008, 12:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
You just offering cause she's a chick?
Nope. Didnt even notice until you pointed it out.

Hey, So which is worse, sounding like "Ass" or "Shit"? Im thinking "Ass" would sound better than "shit". Am I correct?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #12
LJAZ
Chris,,, I was actually about to ask you for some instruction on installation. (and thanks for the welcome!). I may take you up on that offer once I actually go with something.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherius View Post
Chris,,, I was actually about to ask you for some instruction on installation. (and thanks for the welcome!). I may take you up on that offer once I actually go with something.
Good enough. Im in Tempe, so let me know if you need an install.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:14 PM   #14
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Nope. Didnt even notice until you pointed it out.

Hey, So which is worse, sounding like "Ass" or "Shit"? Im thinking "Ass" would sound better than "shit". Am I correct?
LOL, sounding like ASS is worse then sounding like shit IMO. But sounding like dick is even worse...the absolute worse is sounding like tw@t
Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
LOL, sounding like ASS is worse then sounding like shit IMO. But sounding like dick is even worse...the absolute worse is sounding like tw@t
Gotcha!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #16
HDGreyRider is on a distinguished road
HDGreyRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I've got the Ipod2Car and love it... keeps the ipod charged and lets you use your steering wheel controls as well. Plugs into the 6 disc changer port on the back of your stock radio. It's made by Peripheral Electronics.
If it pulgs into the 6 disc changer, does that mean you can't use CDs after installing the ipod2car ?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGreyRider View Post
If it pulgs into the 6 disc changer, does that mean you can't use CDs after installing the ipod2car ?
You can still use CD's. I Your stereo will work just like normal, but while doing so, will also run your Ipod.