Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Amp power problem

Old 12-31-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Amp power problem

I'm wiring up my amps and I'm using a dual amp wiring kit from Rockford Fosgate. It's got a 4G power wire coming from the battery splitting to two 8G power wires to the amps. Everything's wired up, but they aren't getting power. I've checked the ground and I believe it's good. However, the fuse holder doesn't look like it has a fuse - or even a place for any kind of fuse I've seen...

Help?

Old 12-31-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
atsaubrey's Tacoma Gallery
That fuse holder is for mini anl fuses.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsaubrey View Post
x2... an audio shop should have them if yours is missing -- seems like that's something that should have been included... hmm....
Old 12-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
808trdsport has a spectacular aura about808trdsport has a spectacular aura about

808trdsport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsaubrey View Post
Old 12-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
CK91 is on a distinguished road
CK91's Tacoma Gallery
have you run a remote turn on wire? It should be a small blue wire running from harness that connects to your head unit. Just a random guess. I have that same amp kit and i did not have to do anything to fuse
Old 12-31-2008, 07:13 PM   #6
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Found out that it's a MAXI fuse. The kit is supposed to come with a 100A fuse, but that wasn't the only thing it was missing. That's the LAST time I order anything from HookedOnTronics.com!

Anyway, found a audio shop that told me that it was a MAXI fuse (they didn't sell them) but Pep Boys did. However, they only had a 60A. I got a few of those for now (until I can get a 100A). So, I have power, but my subs are coming on. Gonna do more troubleshooting tomorrow.

Thanks for the input though!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
I am still having trouble figuring our how that is for a MAXI fuse from the pic. Is the MAXI fuse working? Then again thinking about it I am not sure how you'd even get a Mini ANL fuse to work. Pull the other end so I can see both ends.....this is now bugging me....lot easy to see in person. Seeing in person would tak me 5 seconds to tell you
Old 01-01-2009, 06:53 AM   #8
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see how it can be a maxi fuse holder either. Despite it not looking like a maxi fuse would fit, I don't know anyone that uses them for power distrobution. Main power is typically fused with ANL or mini ANL now and older systems and distro blocks typically use AGU fuses.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:29 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
I don't see how it can be a maxi fuse holder either. Despite it not looking like a maxi fuse would fit, I don't know anyone that uses them for power distrobution. Main power is typically fused with ANL or mini ANL now and older systems and distro blocks typically use AGU fuses.
agreed. Lets wait for the OP to explain some more and hopefully more pics.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #12
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
where did you run the wire thru the firewall? how did you do it?
Old 01-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #13
betz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud of

Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Steve
betz.steven's Tacoma Gallery
i ran 4 gauge for my amps as well, i ran it through the rubber boot that is used for the factory wiring. i cut a small slit on one side and with a little elbow grease was able to push it through. ill take a pic in a few
Old 01-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
there is also a plug behind the brake booster that you can remove and use.