Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

amp with factory head unit

Old 06-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
chicka chicka, yeah!
mclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant future

Air Force: 4A271
Name: Jake
mclovin's Tacoma Gallery
amp with factory head unit

ok so i've searched (probably not as hard as i should've) but im not really coming up with the answers im looking for. im looking to start piecing a system together, im going to keep my factory head unit but go for a modest system from that. probably going to do some 6.5" in front with some new tweeters and im going to probably retro something for my access cab doors. i don't want to build a big sub box but im shooting for a 6 or 8.5" sub. the main question i have is what do i have to use to interface an amp to the factory HU. im going to do a little bit of deadening but not the whole cab. oh i don't have the JBL system either. should i look into a clean sweep as well?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You can use something like the Cleansweep or you can simply use the high level outputs from the headunit. How you do it is up to you.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to keep it "modest" search Line out Converter or LOC

The Cleansweep is legit but a little pricey for me
Old 06-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
keggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bill
keggerdude's Tacoma Gallery
save your self the headache..get an aftermarket stereo...
Old 06-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovin View Post
so if i used a loc would i have to do one for each speaker or just one to say a 4 channel amp? i guess im a little confused on how the left and right signals split up with these things since they bundle 2 channels together
There are products that will do all you need. One such 4-channel LOC with an amp trigger (to automatically turn amp on/off with the radio) is available through the David Navone website. David, BTW, is an old-school car audio legend.

http://davidnavone.com/zencart/index...20ch2n6sm7ic56