Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

hidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)

Old 06-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
hidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)

just curiuos to see if anyone else has done this or if anyone needs some ideas when choosing a location and box for a subwoofer in an access cab. i havnt been able to find anything else like this on the site. i wanted a small sub and i needed to still have full function of the back seats for my dogs, this is my solution.
Attached Thumbnails
hidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)-sub2.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
That is badass, I wish the picture was bigger. I have an 06 access cab so my backkseats are different. I wish I could do that with mine.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

more pics
Attached Thumbnails
hidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)-sub1.jpg   hidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)-sub3.jpg   hidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)-sub4.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
keggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeggerdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bill
keggerdude's Tacoma Gallery
NICE
Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #5

im somewhat new to tacomaworld, is there are a better way to upload photos from an iphone without emailing them to myself, downloading on the computer then uploading to the site, i dont get why the quality and size is so bad
Old 06-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
amishmatt is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
amishmatt's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance you'd be willing to share the dimensions of that box? Or build another?
Old 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #7

I would be happy share dimensions, it would require some carpentry skills becasue there is a couple angles and stuff. You would definatley need a table saw and a miter saw, preferably a sliding compund miter saw. But if youre willing to take a sawzall or grinder to the metal seat frame then ill give you dimensions for everycut. Also i didnt bother attempting to make a box for the passangers side because there is less space, even if the jack mount is removed. Or if your in no rush there is a chance i might make a bigger box in the future that replaces the whole seat frame, in that case you could have mine but that would probably not be for a long time, to many other mods in interested in
Old 06-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sit...g-tw-live.html
Old 06-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Here is how I did mine.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #10

Thats sick chadderkdawg, kinda wish they never changed the access cab rear seats after 08
Old 06-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #11
amishmatt is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
amishmatt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I would be happy share dimensions, it would require some carpentry skills becasue there is a couple angles and stuff. You would definatley need a table saw and a miter saw, preferably a sliding compund miter saw. But if youre willing to take a sawzall or grinder to the metal seat frame then ill give you dimensions for everycut. Also i didnt bother attempting to make a box for the passangers side because there is less space, even if the jack mount is removed. Or if your in no rush there is a chance i might make a bigger box in the future that replaces the whole seat frame, in that case you could have mine but that would probably not be for a long time, to many other mods in interested in
I've got access to a full wood shop and a dad who builds cabinets if I can't handle it myself. Just gotta get it done before he's retired and sells his big stuff like the table saw and radial arm saw.

I'd be really interested in the box specs sometime, thanks!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #12

I should be able to draw something up for you tomorrow night, just to let you know my design only has .25 cubic feet of volume. I designed it for the rockford fosgate 8" shallowmount p3 punch, which called for ideal volume of .25
Old 06-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Is the seats different from the '12
Old 06-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
Is the seats different from the '12
im pretty sure 09-12 is the same 05-08 is different
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #15

so i drew up the sub box dimensions and measurments and notes for all the cuts. I screwed up one of the dimensions, it should read 16 inches not 16 1/2
Attached Thumbnails
hidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)-subwoofer-design.jpg  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishmatt View Post
I've got access to a full wood shop and a dad who builds cabinets if I can't handle it myself. Just gotta get it done before he's retired and sells his big stuff like the table saw and radial arm saw.

I'd be really interested in the box specs sometime, thanks!

Have fun!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #17
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so i drew up the sub box dimensions and measurments and notes for all the cuts.
Awesome stuff
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #18
yeslekoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Kelsey
yeslekoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just curiuos to see if anyone else has done this or if anyone needs some ideas when choosing a location and box for a subwoofer in an access cab. i havnt been able to find anything else like this on the site. i wanted a small sub and i needed to still have full function of the back seats for my dogs, this is my solution.

I notice your box is at an 45 degree so how does it fit with the 90 degree storage space? Did you remove the storage?
Old 11-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslekoma View Post
I notice your box is at an 45 degree so how does it fit with the 90 degree storage space? Did you remove the storage?
Yes i removed the plastic storage bin and cut the metal seat frame. Where the floor meets the back wall of the cab there is a slight angle, probably 20-25 degrees about 5 inches up. I angled the back of the sub box 45 degrees to allow room for the speaker wires to come out of the back of the box. Heres a few more pictures that might help you understand how i did it hidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353449290.871004.jpg
hidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353449302.017483.jpghidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353449330.881364.jpg
hidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353449354.192848.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
hidden sub enclosure 09 access cab (under rear seat)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353449315.239500.jpg  
Old 07-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #20
skeeter is on a distinguished road
skeeter's Tacoma Gallery
im going to use that design... what kind of sub you using??? whats the depth