1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

pioneer help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by D Train, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Jun 25, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    D Train

D Train [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRDsport
    So I recent had a pioneer avd-1400 installed along with the parking brake by pass. Today I received the pioneer CD-IU51V when I plugged it in i can watch videos i.e. youtube ect with no sound. when I switch the function to ipod I can get the sound but no video. Also I cannot make a phone calls thru the speakers in my truck when the CD-IU51V is pluged in but if i use a regular aux 3.5 jack it works.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting I need to change? I called crutchfield and the guy was clueless.

2. Jun 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM
    the4cecop

the4cecop Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner Sport

I have the AVH-P3400BH. Once I bought the proprietary cable I started having the same problem with YouTube/Netflix/Motion X, etc. Video but no sound. I read some of Pioneers recommendations and found out if you have Bluetooth set, it needs to connect to the receiver before you plug in the 51V cord. Plug it in after the phone/ipod is connected via Bluetooth. Also, once you plug it in, it may prompt you to (the phone/ipod) connect via your receiver or Dock. This should then allow you to bring up the "Apps" icon on the receiver and utilize YouTube/Netflix/Motion X and get both sound and video. Also discovered if you connect your phone with the cable and have something connected via Bluetooth (i.e., Ipod for music), it could affect trying to use the "App" mode. Haven't had any problems with talking on my Phone via Bluetooth from the truck speakers while the phone is plugged into the cable or running via BT. Will let you know if I experience it though.

3. Jun 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    D Train

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRDsport
    Thank for the info let me try that.

4. Jun 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM
    D Train

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRDsport
    Worked like a champ man thank you. How do I put a personal pic as a screen saver?

Products Discussed in

To Top