1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Boston Acoustics S65 speakers. Any good?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by trdracing5, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Jan 3, 2009 at 1:44 PM
    trdracing5

trdracing5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5
    Does anyone have any information about Boston Acoustics?
    My local stereo shop has a set of Boston Acoustics S65 6 1/2 speakers for a really good price.
    I am not familiar with this brand. Are they any good?

Crutchfield sales them for $119 I could get them for $59.
    Crutchfield says they don't fit the Tacoma. Anyone know if they are any good and if they will fit?

I just need some (good + cheap) speakers to replace the factory speakers and these were in my price range.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jan 3, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    At Boston Acoustics, being typical just isn't part of the plan. Since our founding in 1979, our design and engineering experts have been producing not only legendary sound-but also a whole host of industry milestones. Among the many innovations we're known for: point-source woofer/tweeter positioning in 1983; the first successful tweeter with a neodymium magnet in 1989; patented AMD™ (Amplitude Modification Device) technology in 1992; patented RadialVent® cooling in 1997; imaging systems in 1998; patent-pending separable and dockable crossovers in 2003; in 2004, SPS™ (Soft Part System) impedance selection / overdrive protection, and, in 2005; Patent-Pending RVC™ (Removable Voice Coil) technology that allows end users to change out the woofer's voice coil on the spot.

Clearly, this level of innovation requires a different way of doing things. Unlike others, we don't settle for parts designed in some other factory, for some other product. We design and engineer everything in-house. All drivers, crossovers, tweeters, woofers, and components-every part is created to exacting standards. When it comes to ensuring the quality of these parts, we're just as fanatical. Every woofer, tweeter, subwoofer, and midrange driver is tested to ensure that it falls within a quality tolerance of ±1dB, crossovers are tested to ±0.5dB-where the industry standard is only ±3dB. In the end, this meticulous attention to detail results in a product that's truly stunning. A product that delivers the pure, natural, true-to-the-original sound known as The Boston Sound™.

3. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    They will fit with the proper adapter however whether or not they sound good would have to be determined by your ears. :) I'd say give them a listen and if you like them you should buy them! :)

Products Discussed in

To Top