Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Boston Acoustics S65 speakers. Any good?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
Boston Acoustics S65 speakers. Any good?

Does anyone have any information about Boston Acoustics?
My local stereo shop has a set of Boston Acoustics S65 6 1/2 speakers for a really good price.
I am not familiar with this brand. Are they any good?

Crutchfield sales them for $119 I could get them for $59.
Crutchfield says they don't fit the Tacoma. Anyone know if they are any good and if they will fit?

I just need some (good + cheap) speakers to replace the factory speakers and these were in my price range.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
At Boston Acoustics, being typical just isn't part of the plan. Since our founding in 1979, our design and engineering experts have been producing not only legendary sound-but also a whole host of industry milestones. Among the many innovations we're known for: point-source woofer/tweeter positioning in 1983; the first successful tweeter with a neodymium magnet in 1989; patented AMD™ (Amplitude Modification Device) technology in 1992; patented RadialVent® cooling in 1997; imaging systems in 1998; patent-pending separable and dockable crossovers in 2003; in 2004, SPS™ (Soft Part System) impedance selection / overdrive protection, and, in 2005; Patent-Pending RVC™ (Removable Voice Coil) technology that allows end users to change out the woofer's voice coil on the spot.

Clearly, this level of innovation requires a different way of doing things. Unlike others, we don't settle for parts designed in some other factory, for some other product. We design and engineer everything in-house. All drivers, crossovers, tweeters, woofers, and components-every part is created to exacting standards. When it comes to ensuring the quality of these parts, we're just as fanatical. Every woofer, tweeter, subwoofer, and midrange driver is tested to ensure that it falls within a quality tolerance of ±1dB, crossovers are tested to ±0.5dB-where the industry standard is only ±3dB. In the end, this meticulous attention to detail results in a product that's truly stunning. A product that delivers the pure, natural, true-to-the-original sound known as The Boston Sound™.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdracing5 View Post
Does anyone have any information about Boston Acoustics?
My local stereo shop has a set of Boston Acoustics S65 6 1/2 speakers for a really good price.
I am not familiar with this brand. Are they any good?

Crutchfield sales them for $119 I could get them for $59.
Crutchfield says they don't fit the Tacoma. Anyone know if they are any good and if they will fit?

I just need some (good + cheap) speakers to replace the factory speakers and these were in my price range.

They will fit with the proper adapter however whether or not they sound good would have to be determined by your ears. I'd say give them a listen and if you like them you should buy them!