Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Installing a in line converter for rca???

Old 01-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
tacoany1? is on a distinguished road
tacoany1?'s Tacoma Gallery
Installing a in line converter for rca???

I have a converter for vehicles that arent equipped with rca outputs. I dont exactly know how to install though, is anyone familiar with these?

I think i tap into 4 wires....2 positives....2 negatives, but im just not sure. My converter has 4 wires....2 white, 1 with a stripe and one without. Same with the other two wires but there grey.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
install edge is the brand.

You are correct on what it does, all i need to know now is what speakers to hook it up to and which wires on the converter do what. It has 2 gray and 2 white, one white with a black stripe and one gray with a black stripe. the others are solid. I dont know which one is positive and which one is negative.

I have a single cab with just door speakers. So how many speakers do i need to hook it to?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
it does have a aux jack on it...will that help me in any way with my rca problem?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
jbl system

I was wondering about that, installing a line converter to run external amps along with the jbl system. Has anyone tried this?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoany1? View Post
install edge is the brand.

You are correct on what it does, all i need to know now is what speakers to hook it up to and which wires on the converter do what. It has 2 gray and 2 white, one white with a black stripe and one gray with a black stripe. the others are solid. I dont know which one is positive and which one is negative.

I have a single cab with just door speakers. So how many speakers do i need to hook it to?
I have used this exact LOC. You only need to hook it up to one speaker. It makes no difference which speaker. I would recommend hooking it up behind the HU due to the elements it may be exposed to in the door.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #6
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know how many people have used these succesfully. Now I'm not talking brand specific but in my opinion I would stay as far away from them as possible.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
I don't know how many people have used these succesfully. Now I'm not talking brand specific but in my opinion I would stay as far away from them as possible.
Agreed. You will be much happier with the sound from an aftermarket HU.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I agree that an aftermarket HU is a better option, but, it isn't the right option for all people. I have used LOCs before and they aren't bad. And if you are really concerned with keeping the stock look of the dash, they are damn handy.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
I agree that an aftermarket HU is a better option, but, it isn't the right option for all people. I have used LOCs before and they aren't bad. And if you are really concerned with keeping the stock look of the dash, they are damn handy.
No doubt, i like the factory look! LOC do not work well with this stock HU due to the internal processing.
If you like the factory look, but want a good sound, consider an extrnal processor like the JL cleansweap. I believe MTX makes a processor that has been used by some members here who have said good things about it.

Good luck!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #10
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorenApart View Post
No doubt, i like the factory look! LOC do not work well with this stock HU due to the internal processing.
If you like the factory look, but want a good sound, consider an extrnal processor like the JL cleansweap. I believe MTX makes a processor that has been used by some members here who have said good things about it.

Good luck!
Touché; I did forget to mention the Cleansweep as an even better alternative to the LOC.

But I counter with; if you want to keep the stock look and are strapped for cash (and happen to have some amps and a sub and some speakers handy) then the LOC makes sense.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone done this successfully??? HELP. I have an Audio Control LCQ-1 from Crutchfield and it is not working. Crutchfield overnighted me another and still not working. Even on tech support with Audio Control and not working yet.
Thinkgs that have been checked and are OK:
Power, ground and line out.
Unit turns on ok from line level wires
all speaker wires are correct
have put load on each speaker
amp and powered sub are turning on
The only sound I get is a crackley noise if i turn the head unit way up.
Any suggestions????
Old 04-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #12
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Been on with tech from both Audio Control and Crutchfield. No one can figure this out yet.