1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Focal speaker upgrade question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by CPTDJ2, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Jul 18, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    SoCalTacos

SoCalTacos Turd runner

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    ive been in the audio game for a while as well....as far as double din goes...the kenwood 6990 is the one I want.the pioneer's and alpine's arent what they use to be. lagging on the touch screen.i realize you can get a head unit for cheap, but you're getting a cheap head unit.

2. Jul 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Yeah that's the TOP OF THE LINE deck from Kenwood.. Of course its expensive. Look at any brands top of the line and all of them will be over priced. Next year, that Kenwood will sell for $600-700 all day long. Year after that $400-500 all day long. And most people don't have the audio equipment to need a deck like that. You can find TONS of amazing touch screen HU's for $300 or less. Which is dirt ass cheap for a dvd player in the truck. You can get great single din HU's for $200 or less. Depending on what he has speaker/amp wise in the truck, he may not need a top of the line deck. Even a $50 walmart deck is better than stock. I've seen people get full sound systems for $600 installed that would of cost $3000 10 years ago. Audio is dirt cheap these days. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top