Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Sub boxes in access cab

Old 10-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #21
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboi2284 View Post
Two JL10w6v2's in a box I made

Attachment 237454

Attachment 237455
That's a super clean setup, if I ever end up adding another sub hopefully it'll look something like that
Old 10-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #22
babyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
babyboi2284's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it's just big enough for both subs plus it still allows full function of the seats and seatbelts
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #23
Faketannydeluxe
WhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Curt
WhiteTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Attachment 237454

Attachment 237455
Dayyyyumm. That's sweet. Btw, what's the info on your seats? They're sweet too! Covers, custom?
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #24
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen represent

Old 10-15-2013, 03:17 AM   #25
babyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabyboi2284 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTacoma09 View Post
Dayyyyumm. That's sweet. Btw, what's the info on your seats? They're sweet too! Covers, custom?
Katzkin from JHuey on here
Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #26
My truck is slow
alwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
alwaysat8k's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Attachment 237454

Attachment 237455
I hope you dont mind me asking a few questions..

How many cubic feet were you able to get off of that?
It looks sealed?
How do those JL's sound with one facing forward, towards the windshield, and the other up?
How many watts are you running to them?

I will be making a new box for my Idmax 10's here shortly. I wanted to put them in the center as you have, but I am worried about losing SQ and loudness. I wanted to down fire them ported in the center of the jump seats. Seeing your set up has me contemplating..

I am almost 100% confident I wont have enough cubic feet for it to be ported to specs. I definitely do not like having my box sitting on the bench seat right now. It does not look clean.. but it does sound great .

Looks awesome BTW.. nice work.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #27
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Sub boxes in access cab

Not recommended unless you have a way to brace it down cause it'll crush you:

My favorite setup:

Most current and still active:

Old 10-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysat8k View Post
I hope you dont mind me asking a few questions..

How many cubic feet were you able to get off of that?
It looks sealed?
How do those JL's sound with one facing forward, towards the windshield, and the other up?
How many watts are you running to them?

I will be making a new box for my Idmax 10's here shortly. I wanted to put them in the center as you have, but I am worried about losing SQ and loudness. I wanted to down fire them ported in the center of the jump seats. Seeing your set up has me contemplating..

I am almost 100% confident I wont have enough cubic feet for it to be ported to specs. I definitely do not like having my box sitting on the bench seat right now. It does not look clean.. but it does sound great .

Looks awesome BTW.. nice work.
It has about 1.5 cuft of space. I think it sounds great. Yes sealed but will sound a lot better in a ported box being in the cab. I have one JL 500/1 running both. It did a 134.5 at a sound comp without actually trying to compete I just wanted to see what it would do with the way I have all the settings done. I will be making a ported box the exact same design. If I need more room I will have the box extend inside the center console so I can use the same wrap from the box I have now.

This is the vid of getting the box tested in my truck after I made it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmdFy...e_gdata_player
Old 10-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #29
My truck is slow
alwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
alwaysat8k's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It has about 1.5 cuft of space. I think it sounds great. Yes sealed but will sound a lot better in a ported box being in the cab. I have one JL 500/1 running both. It did a 134.5 at a sound comp without actually trying to compete I just wanted to see what it would do with the way I have all the settings done. I will be making a ported box the exact same design. If I need more room I will have the box extend inside the center console so I can use the same wrap from the box I have now.

This is the vid of getting the box tested in my truck after I made it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmdFy...e_gdata_player
Thanks for your reply. 1.5cft is what is called for 1 of my subs. I think I'm just going to make one giant box and get rid of the jump seats. 134.5 is great for that set up man! Good stuff. Thanks again.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #30
mromeo is on a distinguished road

Army: Rigger/Paratrooper
Name: Mike
mromeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Attachment 237454

Attachment 237455
Looks good! thats what im trying to build for my 2 12's, but i may just stick with a single 12
Old 10-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #31
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
1st Gen represent

I like that... mine's about the same setup, just fastened in with more than the seatbelt haha
Old 10-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #32
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Just a warning to those who have the big sub box in the back. I had one too and I had my back window smashed out by kids to get it. Really sucked. Afterwards an installer recommended something more discreet and we went with this JL microsub that was bolted on the floor right behind the driver seat face down. It's a half moon shape so the back is rounded. Great sound too. I still have that little box! Sitting in the garage that is. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Sub boxes in access cab-jl-microsub.bmp  
Old 10-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #33
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Some nice setups here. You guys are making me jealous! I looked everywhere for like a year for a used access cab in the setup I wanted, but found veryyy few and the ones I did find sold in 24hrs...so I got a regular cab. Its hard to fit any woof in a regular cab really. Back in the day I had a lowered reg. cab ranger that I built a box for and put a 15" in the bed. It was quite loud.. At one point I had an N64 hooked up inside, and I would turn the music off in the game (San Francisco Rush) where it was just engine noise and turn the bass up....the car in the game made the woofer resonate the engine idle sound...I drove up to some friends with the woofer "idling" the sound from the game and told them I had transplanted a V8. They believed it! was so funny.
Attached Thumbnails
Sub boxes in access cab-speakerbox.jpg.w300h197.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #34
mromeo is on a distinguished road

Army: Rigger/Paratrooper
Name: Mike
mromeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamarine View Post
Just a warning to those who have the big sub box in the back. I had one too and I had my back window smashed out by kids to get it. Really sucked. Afterwards an installer recommended something more discreet and we went with this JL microsub that was bolted on the floor right behind the driver seat face down. It's a half moon shape so the back is rounded. Great sound too. I still have that little box! Sitting in the garage that is. lol
Do you have a picture with it installed?
Old 10-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #35
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
1st Gen represent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
I like that... mine's about the same setup, just fastened in with more than the seatbelt haha
Nah no need for that-- just make sure to pull extra line out, buckle the seat belt and then make a quick tug on the belt to have it lock and start locking down (to where you can't pull anymore out) and get it TIGHT like that.

Guarantee it won't go anywhere unless you unbuckle it. Just try it out before you go drilling holes in your cab
Old 10-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #36
Mydixiewrecked is a glorious beacon of lightMydixiewrecked is a glorious beacon of lightMydixiewrecked is a glorious beacon of lightMydixiewrecked is a glorious beacon of lightMydixiewrecked is a glorious beacon of light
Mydixiewrecked's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you guys putting your amps?
Old 10-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #37
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydixiewrecked View Post
Where are you guys putting your amps?
I have both mine under the seats. One under the drivers and other under passenger:

Old 10-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #38
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
I have both mine under the seats. One under the drivers and other under passenger:

Same

Old 10-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #40
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Im thinking about one of these for my regular cab:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13616LW...2942145&awdv=c

I dunno I could probably build something in, but this seems like the tiniest good woof available. And this type of box design is hard to beat. I had two 8" woofers in my old single cab and there was no room left after those.