Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Sub boxes in access cab

Old 07-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
HDDetailing is on a distinguished road
HDDetailing's Tacoma Gallery
Sub boxes in access cab

How do you guys with access cabs have your subwoofer placed? There is no space behind the small seats or underneath the front seats. So what kind of enclosure do you have and can you provide pictures?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
There is a sub that fits under the driver seat I believe, maybe the passenger....let me get a link..

But people also just build boxes between the two seats in the back as what I have seen.

Here is a link, I dont know how big of a sub you are wanting....but I have heard good things from this one and it wont make you the town radio

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...magic-sub.html

Also check out the audio/video section
Old 07-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
here is mine when i have it in

Old 07-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
^ Very clean looking.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
thanks! I have a JL 10 inch sitting on the ground behind the drivers seat right now. I guess ill build a custom center box thatll extend the center console to the rear seats. If this looks good and is within specs of the sub, might be good to sell on here too for people looking for a little bump for a JL w1
Old 07-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
i bought mine from a member on here. he was selling them but quit a few years ago. he got to busy and had a kid and got married and just didnt have any time for it anymore.

some other people have made copies of it tho and sell it
Old 07-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
8" shallow mount rockford fosgate.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #8
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDetailing View Post
How do you guys with access cabs have your subwoofer placed? There is no space behind the small seats or underneath the front seats. So what kind of enclosure do you have and can you provide pictures?
You have zero truck info listed in your member description and this thread is in the A&V section so knowing what truck and year your asking about would be very helpful in getting the answer your looking for.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
You have zero truck info listed in your member description and this thread is in the A&V section so knowing what truck and year your asking about would be very helpful in getting the answer your looking for.
I have a 2007 taco Access cab
Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
jasonvelocity will become famous soon enough

Name: Jason
jasonvelocity's Tacoma Gallery
Check this thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...s-cab-sub.html

I did this:
Old 07-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #11
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Mine, 10 inch alpine type R, faces down.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #12
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
I had some guys build me this sub box for fairly cheap, it sits a little high because I wanted it firing to the front of the cab

Old 07-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
ninja90177 will become famous soon enoughninja90177 will become famous soon enough

Army: 11B -> 88L
Name: Kenney
ninja90177's Tacoma Gallery
Subthump.com box with 10" Kicker Solobaric L7 in it.

They make one for both the early and late 2nd Gen Access Cabs.

Kenney
Old 07-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #14
wonton77 is on a distinguished road

wonton77's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 09 access cab with an 8" JL subwoofer

Old 07-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
Ernesto4 is on a distinguished road
Ernesto4's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=chadderkdawg;5412424]Mine, 10 inch alpine type R, faces down.

How does it sound I have been thinking of installing a type r sub facing down as well but I dnt know anybody that has done that so I can't compare how strong the bass is? Any imput would be great as I hope to do this real soon
Old 08-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #16
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesto4 View Post
How does it sound I have been thinking of installing a type r sub facing down as well but I dnt know anybody that has done that so I can't compare how strong the bass is? Any imput would be great as I hope to do this real soon
The quality is superb, this isn't going to make your windows flex and your neighbors a few streets over wont hear you, but it fills the cab very well with clean tight bass.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #17
1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light

1mrwatermaker's Tacoma Gallery
set mine behind the passenger side... can be takin out at any time and can still access underneath the back seats.... sounds very good for a couple old 8" kickers

Old 08-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #18
Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

killianeric's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a box that was made at my dads shop. I just found it on instagram, so I don't know anything about it.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
Faketannydeluxe
WhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Curt
WhiteTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery

12" pioneer low profile I threw together