LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Mounting the Sat/Nav antennas

Old 01-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
kvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud of

Air Force: MSgt // Security Forces   Retired after 22 yrs of service
kvnhlstd's Tacoma Gallery
Mounting the Sat/Nav antennas

Quick question here guys... I am looking to install my F90bt this weekend and I have been looking at the antenna placements. I am thinking about mounting each one to the front roof corners next to the windshield, has anyone done it this way??? Can I get the wire through the windshield seal??? Answers and suggestions are alway welcome advice... Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i ran mine to the oh shit handles on the a-pillars. i centered it behind it and i get good reception
Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
kvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud of

Air Force: MSgt // Security Forces   Retired after 22 yrs of service
kvnhlstd's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks... after reading the responses I am starting to lean towards a dash mount in the corner. No problems with the defroster blowing hot air on the antenna??
Old 02-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
Noob
TheMadpants is on a distinguished road
TheMadpants's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnhlstd View Post
Quick question here guys... I am looking to install my F90bt this weekend and I have been looking at the antenna placements. I am thinking about mounting each one to the front roof corners next to the windshield, has anyone done it this way??? Can I get the wire through the windshield seal??? Answers and suggestions are alway welcome advice... Thanks
I have been looking at this HU to upgrade from the stock HU.

How about a full review with some pics once it is installed?