1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Started new sound system

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bill74, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Jan 6, 2009 at 10:17 PM
    bill74

bill74 [OP] Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Hey guys/gals,

I have a 2007 tacoma and just began a project. Ive added a Pioneer DEH5000 head unit along with a set of Infinity components (6020cs) and an Infinity 475a amp. I also just recently bought two RockFos P1S48 subs. The box along with an amp is next. Is the RF P300-2 a good buy? I listen to a variety of music and the majority of it is Rock. I'm a salesman and drive about 700 miles a week and didnt want to spend a ton of money as I may not have my truck for a long time. Anyhow... my next question is....How did I do?

2. Jan 7, 2009 at 3:04 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I personally hate RF because they sound muddy. However, I'm not the one listening.

EDIT: Sorry if that was brief, I had to take a call then got sucked to a meeting. Like I say, I've had RF in the past and was not impressed. The stuff will last for a good long time, but the quality isn't anything special. I would consider listening to alternatives. For rock, you want quicker, punchier bass instead of rolling notes like you hear in rap or country. I'm not sure how they do now, but I had a very small Soundstream amp back in the day - it had less power than my RF amp, but provided enough bass for what I needed, and was exceptionally clean. The build quality was noticeably better.
    If you are interested in staying in the same ballpark price , you may try the JL G series. I've become a convert to their subs.

Products Discussed in

To Top