Notices

someone help!

Old 07-31-2007, 03:08 AM   #1
Offroad Enthusiast
BrianPK is on a distinguished road
BrianPK's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BrianPK
someone help!

i have 2 questions i need some help answering...

1) Sub Placement. where should i put my sub so that i don't loose out on passenger space? i have an 01 extracab....

2) can my factory 5x7's be upgraded to 6.5's? what would i need to do that?

thanx!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:50 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
If you unmount one of your seats to install an amplifier, that is your best bet. Just make sure that you leave room for cooling (don't get a 4 inch tall amp). You will have to unmount the seat to secure it properly. I suggest thinking ahead when placing it. When you put it all back together, you should have room for cooling and be able to access the ports and controls from the rear of the seat.

The other option that I have seen is to mount it in glovebox, but that gets hot and is very small (it was a Directed 200W digital amp).

As far as the speakers go - I would contact Mr. Marv.