1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing 2012 Entune - Need Advice

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by JoeMX82, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Aug 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    JoeMX82

JoeMX82 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DBL Cab - White
    So after six months with my new truck I think I need to upgrade at least part of my sound system. The following are my concerns:

· Door speakers pop (distortion) at volume and even rattle on some songs
    · Sub behind rear seats rattles everything back there now (thinking dynomatt)
    · Really happy with head unit and playing Pandora so do not wish to change.

Questions are:

· What should I replace my door speakers with to still keep the bass (mid) but get more highs? Do I need to also put an amp on the new highs?
    · How can I go about reducing the rattle from the sub? Is dynomatt the best option? Not like it bangs that hard but the rattle just sounds gross and has gotten progressively worse.
    · I am happy to replace the sub, but can I do all of this and keep my stock HU?
    I am not worried about spending the money needed to get a quality system, I just do not know much in this area. I would greatly appreciate recommendations on sub, amp, and door speaker combos that will be clean and a good upgrade from my entune setup.

2. Aug 3, 2012 at 12:07 AM
    platinumb

platinumb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    denver
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR DC Supercharged
    supercharger, focal/jl audio sound system, trd cat back
    I would run an audio control signal processor to connect a good 5 channel like the jl audio hd900/5 to the factory head unit and from that you could run a good set of front components and rear coaxials with a nice sub like a jl stealth box or something custom built. I have sold hat exact system with focal front and rear speakers to many customers in many types of cars. I just did that exact set up for a customer in a 2011 taco last weekend it sounds amazing, expensive but amazing!

3. Aug 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM
    platinumb

platinumb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    denver
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR DC Supercharged
    supercharger, focal/jl audio sound system, trd cat back
    Yes you can do it all with the factory head unit if you use a good line output converter like the audio control lc8i it will sound at least as good as even the very best aftermarket head unit.

Products Discussed in

To Top