Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Going to attempt to fit 2 10's under rear seat.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Going to attempt to fit 2 10's under rear seat.

So Iv finally decided to go ahead and attempt to fit two full size (not shallow mount) 10'' alpine type r's under the seat in my double cab.

There will be some cutting, some welding, some problem solving and some tears but It looks like it will work. I will be cutting out and and lowering where the subs will go for clearance of the magnets/increased airspace.

Then dynomat and ports. Looked around for a bit and couldn't find anyone who ran 10's under there but maybe Ijust didn't look hard enough.

Anyways I will be starting on the weekend and will take plenty of pictures.

Wish me luck!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
There will most certainly be cutting/welding....and lots of tears

The problems that I know you already face include the sub flanges being larger than the prospective baffle area and the enclosure not being deep enough as well as large enough for porting two 10's. The stock area under there is just shy of 1 cube to my knowledge. How big do you need for those two ported 10's? I'd imagine around 2.5 cubes right? And that's before port displacement I believe. The ports will be a nightmare too

I'm guessing you plan to modify the rear of the enclosure to span a larger area? That's the only thing I can think of unless you plan to go DOWN a lot too.

I don't know how much help I can be but if I can do anything to lend a hand in terms of info please let me know. I was one of the first to do anything down there so I've been through the trials and tribulations.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And yes if you pull this off you'll certainly be the first to run 10's. I believe I was the first to run 8's (maybe anything?) down there.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #6
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tacoma View Post
I ended up cutting the small wall on the rear of the storage area
Ahhhhhh, see? I knew it! That's really the only way to do it. You need the front wall because the seats bolt to it. I'd thought about doing the rear wall that way but decided I was fine with 8's.

Very excited to see what you come up with!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
dylan199 is on a distinguished road
dylan199's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to the outcome.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #8
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job
Old 08-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #9
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Subd for pics
Old 08-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #13
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing but red x's
Old 08-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #14
Fear no fish
tuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud of

Name: Tucker
tuckdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Nothing but red x's
X2..
Old 08-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #16

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean. Nice job
Old 08-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #18
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #20
Sounds Gooooood

Very nice!!!

The rear of the bin doesn't really even look that modified. It looks basically the same. I'd have liked to see a before/after pic of it just for reference (it's been a long time since I've seen a stock one).

I'm guessing you barely clear the bottoms of the seats? I'd counter sinked mine and it was still a little close with the 6.5's