Notices

FS-Alpine Speakers Type R

Old 08-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #1
JoedyV is on a distinguished road
Name: Joedy
JoedyV's Tacoma Gallery
Smile FS-Alpine Speakers Type R

SOLD!!

I'm selling my speakers due to the fact that I won't be installing in on my Taco since the funds will help me for college. My Loss is your GAIN!!

The Alpine Type R speakers are both still Brand New in the box and Never Installed. I only open the box to verify the parts.

WHAT COMES WITH THE BOX?:

Alpine 6-1/2" Type-R 2-way Component System
Alpine 6-1/2" Type-R Coaxial 2-way Car Speakers
Tacotune tweeter mount

I will even throw in the tweeter mount I have forFREE!!!
I have already pre-drilled the hole size for the tweeter to fit in. Saves you the time to cut the diameter.

$225 OBO (Shipped)

Old 08-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Are these a direct swap for the OEM speakers (as in, do they require spacers to make them fit)?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
JoedyV's Tacoma Gallery
There's actually 2 ways to installed the speakers. You can use cutout speake mounts and install to the doors. Or you can screw it directly to your door. Either way you will plenty of space to fit the speakers to the door with or with spacer ( speaker mounts ) hope that helps =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Are these a direct swap for the OEM speakers (as in, do they require spacers to make them fit)?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
JoedyV's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 08-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
kigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Would these work with a 1st gen?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
If someone wants just the components i might be interested in just the coaxials for a good price
Old 08-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in the components......or the whole deal
Old 08-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^if you want them both go for it, i need to stop spending money on smaller mods anyway so i can buy a lift, its just hard to pass up a good deal haha.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #9
deanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant future

deanbhula1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedyV View Post
There's actually 2 ways to installed the speakers. You can use cutout speake mounts and install to the doors. Or you can screw it directly to your door. Either way you will plenty of space to fit the speakers to the door with or with spacer ( speaker mounts ) hope that helps =)
How do u screw it straight to the door? The stock fronts are 6x9 and the rears are 6.5 but they all have a weird mounting bracket. U need to make a mount...like ur tweeter mounts u have there.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbhula1 View Post
How do u screw it straight to the door? The stock fronts are 6x9 and the rears are 6.5 but they all have a weird mounting bracket. U need to make a mount...like ur tweeter mounts u have there.
Tacotunes sells a mounting bracket but if your like me I just made one out of wood.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
^if you want them both go for it, i need to stop spending money on smaller mods anyway so i can buy a lift, its just hard to pass up a good deal haha.
The problem is that I dont have an amp to power all 4 speakers. I guess I can always buy one but this is a good deal that I may not pass up on.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
JoedyV's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kigmob View Post
Would these work with a 1st gen?

Im not quite sure on the 1st Gen, but I do belive their speaker size are 6x8
Old 08-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #13
JoedyV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
Tacotunes sells a mounting bracket but if your like me I just made one out of wood.

^^ x2 ^^ what he said
Old 08-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #14

Quote:
The problem is that I dont have an amp to power all 4 speakers. I guess I can always buy one but this is a good deal that I may not pass up on.
I hear ya, and ya these speakers definatley need some power. Im sure they would sound fine off of the headunit tho until you amp them.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I hear ya, and ya these speakers definatley need some power. Im sure they would sound fine off of the headunit tho until you amp them.
Yeah I've had a pair of type r 6x9's for about two years off the head unit and one finally blew due to lack of power, thus the reason for upgrading to components.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
deanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant futuredeanbhula1 has a brilliant future

deanbhula1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I've had a pair of type r 6x9's for about two years off the head unit and one finally blew due to lack of power, thus the reason for upgrading to components.
http://www.bcae1.com/2ltlpwr.htm

Ur speaker probably blew cause u clipped the signal by turing it up too much, meaning distortion blew ur speaker.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #17
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Ur speaker probably blew cause u clipped the signal by turing it up too much, meaning distortion blew ur speaker.
Dude, that site is awesome.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #18
JoedyV's Tacoma Gallery
SOLD!! PENDING PAYMENTS .....
Old 08-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

And clipping can come from a lack of power. Like he said, he blew his 6x9's from under powering them.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #20

Quote:

Never heard distortion but I could see how the heat could get to it, and nice info!