Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Possible to fit 8" speakers in the front doors of a 2nd gen?

Old 08-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Possible to fit 8" speakers in the front doors of a 2nd gen?

I did a search, but did not find a solid answer. I'm planning on 7"s in the doors, but if 8"s can fit, why not?

minus whale ask: what are the maximum dimensions that I can fit, depth wise, and diameter wise?

Mods: delete this thread if need be.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
8's can fit but if the spacer required is more than 3/4" then you will probably hit the door panel. I have a pair of Peerless HDS 8's that did not fit. I could have done some shenanigans but I just wasn't in the mood.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
so its pretty much on the cusp of fitting or not? ah well, I was going to go with 7s, but I was just wondering if 8s would fit.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't you asked this before? Anyway a member on here has a Rockford 3 way active in the doors with the 8" mid-bass and 6-1/2 mid in the doors, tweeters are stock locale iirc. So yes, it is possible but it'll take some fab work to do properly.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
doh! I forgot the title of my previous thread. pardon me for that. but thanks for the reminder(of that thread, and that one would need some fabbing on fitting up 8s).
Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
doh! I forgot the title of my previous thread. pardon me for that. but thanks for the reminder(of that thread, and that one would need some fabbing on fitting up 8s).
Ha it's alright I was just letting you know.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
Will The Thrill

And just FYI when I'm searching for something I don't usually use the site's search I usually go to google and type in site:tacomaworld.com then what I'm looking for. In this case I'd do something like 8" mid bass driver or 3-way active.