Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

1st Gen Stereo

Old 02-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #21
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
The only problem with having it there, is there is not much space to fit it in from the back. Meaning that cords and whatnot stick out farther in the back of it than necessarily there is room. Just a PITA. FYI
What exactly do you mean there's not enough room in the back for chords? I'm not following. I could just cut a hole in the back of the pocket and run the chords through there, no?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #22
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
What exactly do you mean there's not enough room in the back for chords? I'm not following. I could just cut a hole in the back of the pocket and run the chords through there, no?
IIRC the cords stick out about 1.5" on the back of my CB and there is about an inch of space behind the CB when it's put in fully. Just means you gotta get it just right and quick bolt it up If that makes any sense. Sorry, I just took some drugs cause I'm sick right now and they are putting me to sleep and whatnot.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #23
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
IIRC the cords stick out about 1.5" on the back of my CB and there is about an inch of space behind the CB when it's put in fully. Just means you gotta get it just right and quick bolt it up If that makes any sense. Sorry, I just took some drugs cause I'm sick right now and they are putting me to sleep and whatnot.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I'll have to check it this weekend when I'm at my parents' house. Hopefully I'll get it installed this weekend.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #24
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I'll have to check it this weekend when I'm at my parents' house. Hopefully I'll get it installed this weekend.
Well good luck. The end product is really clean IMO. It's gonna be sad though when I do my audio project and I have to relocate that. I think it'll fit perfect in the ash tray spot. But I got time to plan it out.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #25
another gsxr 1k is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Radioman 1989-1994
another gsxr 1k's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pioneer avic F series in mine. If it ever stops raining here I'll try to get pictures.
I'd say that it has everything you could want. AM / FM / CD / IPod controller / USB port, options for HD Radio / XM / Serius Will play WMA, MP3's from either the cd player or from a USB flash drive or the SD card slot, AVI Video. Has navigation, bluetooth and voice recognition.
With some hacking, it will also alert for speed and red light cameras. Has a speeding warning thing too (thank god you can turn it off).

All in all a great system to me. Install was a breeze (to me) took about an hour to do.