Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Really annoying beeping!!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
MadCowboy is on a distinguished road
EMS:
MadCowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Really annoying beeping!!!!

I have a 2011 tacoma and i saw on one page from here that you could turn off the seat belt alert noise. But it was for a 2008 and didnt work..... Does anyone know how to do that?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Put your seatbelt on?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Put your seatbelt on?
^THIS! in fact I believe its LAW in most states.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
makeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
makeshiftTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i believe its called the wear your seatbelt mod...however i may be wrong
Old 09-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowboy View Post
I have a 2011 tacoma and i saw on one page from here that you could turn off the seat belt alert noise. But it was for a 2008 and didnt work..... Does anyone know how to do that?
Very helpful responses above, huh? Anyway, look around more. There are several threads suggesting alternatives. For example, here's what I posted in another thread...

"...there's an inexpensive ($7), simpler, solution. I purchased something like this (actually two, one a spare).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRD-Seat-Bel...120627&vxp=mtr

Easy to put on and easy to remove, even with one hand. I can reach over with the seatbelt, pop this out with the seatbelt release button, and pop in the normal seatbelt in seconds.

My two look a little different. They have the Toyota logo. However, the function is the same."
Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Where is the "I live on a farm so I drive slow" comment?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Or the "i store heavy objects on my passenger seat and not in the bed of my truck" comment.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
MadCowboy is on a distinguished road
EMS:
MadCowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the thing.... Its for my dog and when he jumps in the front seat it goes off then when he jumps in the back and then back in to the front it goes off again......
Old 09-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
Banned
Ratchet strap his ass down in the bed.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
Banned
But seriously IDK how to do it. If you have the white gauges I think you have to take it in.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowboy View Post
Pull out your gauge cluster.

there is a speaker on the back. remove it. problem solved.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Pull out your gauge cluster.

there is a speaker on the back. remove it. problem solved.
Don't you lose all warnings by doing that?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #13
makeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
makeshiftTaco's Tacoma Gallery
if it's because of the dog can't you just buckle the passenger seatbelt when he's with you so that when he jumps up to the front it wont go off?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
If its anything like my 2005 you remove the two screws behind the steering wheel, you have to turn the wheel to get to them, pull it off, then right by the ignition is a white clip, if you undo it, it completely disconnects the beep for everything, your truck will never beep at you again

That's as best as I can remember how to do it, their is a write up with pics out there somewhere. Pretty sure it was on Toyota nation, idk. Use Google
Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #16
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3633539
Old 09-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Lol. I was an asshole in that thread too.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #19
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Who cares why the guy wants to turn it off. All he is asking is how, I like to think that since the government gave me a drivers license that I can determine when I need to put the dang thing on.

Cruising around the corner to the gas station or 7-11 for a six pack doesnt always qualify as "needing" my seat belt.

Here you go buddy, this works for the beeping but the little flashing seat belt guy still blinks. The passenger icon you can cover with a clean cut piece of black electrical tape, you barely notice it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5552324_disa...rm-toyota.html