1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Speakers Question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by slimsdepot, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Jan 16, 2009 at 8:45 AM
    slimsdepot

slimsdepot [OP] slimsdepot.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Hey guys!

I am in the market for some new speakers for my truck. I use my truck for work so I don't have space for a sub/box. I am looking into getting new components for the front and coaxials for the rear. I am just sick of not being able to crank my stereo with my new head unit since it has more power. I go above volume 10 and shit starts crackling and sounding distorted. I am on a budget here and cant be spening money on some MB Quartz like I use to have in my old car. Any suggestions on a speaker setup that would sound really nice for all types of music? Something that won't distort when listening to it a tad louder than volume level 10? :D

Thanks for you help guys!

2. Jan 16, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  3. Jan 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM
    m_yota

m_yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 dbl cab
    K&N airfilter, HID conversion for headlights/fogs. Wet Okole Seat covers, Kove Aphex processor Kenwood comp 6.5" and 6.5"coaxial 5100 billy shocks 2.5", 1.5" fabtech AAL,Epicenter and MTX Sub, debadged, tinted, kenwood dnx812, black mesh grill, led ext/int.
    The ID's are great speakers. Rob from ********* is awesome. He'll help you out as best as he can. Personally when I chose a speaker or component, the things I look for are RMS watts and sensitivity. The higher the sensitivity dB the louder it will be at low volumes. IMO:D

4. Jan 16, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    G-Sak

G-Sak Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Offroad SR5 DC 6 speed
    FX-R Projector Retrofit with Apollo Shrouds, Digital HID 55 watt ballasts, D2S Philips 85122+ bulbs in the Winter and Digital HID 55w 5k bulbs in the summer, Bakflip G2, Pop N Lock, Tint, Grillcraft with PIAAs behind it, ScanguageII and a few audio/video upgrades.
    Elemental Designs has some great stuff as well. I am running two sets of their 6.5" components and they sound great! The price was affordable as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top