1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dash kit

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MooseTX82, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Jan 19, 2009 at 12:16 AM
    MooseTX82

MooseTX82 [OP] Moose

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Airaid Intake, Magnaflow Exh System, Icon Front Coilovers, TC UCAs, BFG 285s on 17" MotoMetal 951s, ARB Bumper, Hella Running Lights, Alpine CD HU, 6.5 Front JL Audio, 1 10" Kicker powered by Alpine 4 channel Amp
    I cant help but wonder if I installed my dash kit wrong around my new HU. If I grab the empty storage slot on the single dins around my HU and move side to side it slides about 1/4" to each side. I mean its in there but the directions were very vague. Anyone have some pictures of step by step assembly of the dash kit for the 05+ single din.

PS I feel kinda retarded...

Moose

2. Jan 19, 2009 at 11:06 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    1/4" of movement does sound like a lot of play in those pieces, but as long as it isn't falling out, I think you will be fine. If it does bother you a lot, you can always put a dab of glue on it and keep it still.

3. Jan 19, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    MooseTX82

MooseTX82 [OP] Moose

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Airaid Intake, Magnaflow Exh System, Icon Front Coilovers, TC UCAs, BFG 285s on 17" MotoMetal 951s, ARB Bumper, Hella Running Lights, Alpine CD HU, 6.5 Front JL Audio, 1 10" Kicker powered by Alpine 4 channel Amp
    Well maybe about 1/8" or so. You gotta really hold on to it and give it a good shake tho so it doesnt bother me that much at all. I feel better knowing its normal. Thanks

4. Jan 19, 2009 at 11:59 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    +1... I'm not impressed at all with the quality of the Scosche kits... Have thought about replacing mine with another one, but it's not "bad enough" for me to worry about right now...

5. Jan 19, 2009 at 12:38 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    It would certainly be nice to use the metal brackets instead, but that's not what I think is so crappy... It's that flimsy little trim ring they include that just kinda "sits" in place. Doesn't snap in, or in other manner make a secure connection. Doesn't necessarily look bad, it's just cheap.

6. Jan 19, 2009 at 12:53 PM
    mlavrey

mlavrey Do It For Your Cuntry Remey

Member:
    Chickamauga, GA.
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner
    Panasonic in dash dvd/navi., Fosgate amps, MB quart in doors, Memphis twin 10's
    Where are you guys buying the Metra kits at? (now that Circuit City is closing) I also made the mistake of installing a Scosche kit and have not liked it from the word go. Does the Metra have the same texture as the original radio?

7. Jan 19, 2009 at 1:23 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Metra is apparently the way to go...

8. Jan 19, 2009 at 8:09 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.

Products Discussed in

To Top