Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

For those that want a little bass (read old guys) with out breaking the bank.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
trafficmaker is on a distinguished road
trafficmaker's Tacoma Gallery
For those that want a little bass (read old guys) with out breaking the bank.

The stereo in my 2012 TRD Sport 4x4, not the JBL or Nav unit, but the standard one I guess you would call it, is pretty decent sounding. I did miss having just a little bass as I have had systems in my last 2 F250's over the last 8 years.
Did a lot of reading here and decided to keep it pretty much stock and simple. I choose to install a Sound Ordnance B-8pt, especially since Crutchfield has it for $199 plus a free power installation kit. I also had a $20 credit there, so I spent $179 w/free shipping.
The installation of the 2012 4 door is pretty easy. Thru the firewall there is a separate rubberized grommet beside the main wire entrance. There is a small cable going thru the hole and just enough room to add the power cable. Then, easily ran to the driver side rear seat under sill plates. The amp/sub fits nicely in the bin behind the rear seat. Did drill one hole thru the plastic to run all wires into the cubby hole. I lined the cubby hole with trunk liner to make sure there are no rattles and used a little adjustable strap to hold the speaker in place. I ran the 2 sets of speaker wires and amp blue wire up the passenger side.
The rear speaker wires are in their own plug in the rear of the factory head and easy enough to splice into. I soldered all 4 to make sure I had the best connection possible. The blue wire is spliced and soldered into the gray wire.
That is all there is to it. The SO gives a nice addition to the bass without being over powering and entertaining your neighbors. I would rate the amp/sub unit an 8.5 out of 10 and installation something a novice (as my self) can do.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
stanbp64 is on a distinguished road
stanbp64's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought one and am waiting for some time to install it. I have seen alot of decent reviews on this sub....good to see another
Old 10-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
trafficmaker is on a distinguished road
trafficmaker's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like South Carolina likes this sub.....I am in Cola. Being an 8 inch, it doesn't hit real hard, just adds that missing little beat not provided by door speakers. As for pics, there really isn't anything to see, unless you wanted to see a pic of it resting in the rear cubby hole.
Stanbp64, if you have any questions about install or wiring, let me know, i will provide you me cell number and can txt with you.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trafficmaker View Post
Looks like South Carolina likes this sub.....I am in Cola. Being an 8 inch, it doesn't hit real hard, just adds that missing little beat not provided by door speakers. As for pics, there really isn't anything to see, unless you wanted to see a pic of it resting in the rear cubby hole.
Stanbp64, if you have any questions about install or wiring, let me know, i will provide you me cell number and can txt with you.
Thanks will do. Waiting on another dash kit and the time to do it.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
how do i determine if i'm an old guy?

link to what OP is talking about: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-UijVeS4...nce-B-8PT.html
Old 10-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post
how do i determine if i'm an old guy?

link to what OP is talking about: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-UijVeS4...nce-B-8PT.html
If you have to ask, you're old! Jk
Old 10-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
You Know We Can't Do This All Day!!!
MTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud ofMTBerJim has much to be proud of

MTBerJim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Aztacoma View Post
If you have to ask, you're old! Jk
No-No-No! If it's to loud you're to old.

I'm to old
Old 10-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I'm old and it's never too loud!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbp64 View Post
Thanks will do. Waiting on another dash kit and the time to do it.
Got the sub installed. Still doing some fine tuning but So far I like it.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #12
Texas Aggie
CO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Tyler
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
sub for later! (no pun intended)