Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Connecting wire to components.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
2012TXbaja is on a distinguished road
2012TXbaja's Tacoma Gallery
Connecting wire to components.

Hello everyone. I know this has probably been discussed before but i cant seem to find the thread.

What is the best & most reliable way to connect 0 guage cable & smaller to either a fuse block, grounding block, amplifier or other components? I'm not talking about seaker wires.

Would you just take your bare wire and use the factory (component) screws to clamp down on the copper strands or is there a better way to securly & reliably install the wire? I am planning to do an install on my truck & I would like to get advice from others that have installed before.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
FORE!
parboy will become famous soon enoughparboy will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
parboy's Tacoma Gallery
I can't think of any amp that will accept 0ga wire. You will need to use a distribution block to step down your wire size to go to your amps. I would use a 0ga to 4ga distribution block, connect the 0ga from the battery to the block, then run the 4ga off the block to your amps. This will be plenty of power. Then use 4ga for your ground from amp to chassis location.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
2012TXbaja is on a distinguished road
2012TXbaja's Tacoma Gallery
Thats exactly what im planning on doing. but my question was about what the best way to connect the wire to the different components & distribution/fuse blocks.

Is there a better way to prep the wire before you install it into the component than just clamping down on the bare copper strands?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
You could tin the wire with solder, but you'll probably need a blow torch to do it... LoL

Bare wire is the common method though.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
Beach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to behold

Beach Taco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...0046/set_num/2
Here are some different things you can hook to 0 gauge wire.