Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2nd gen AC speakers

Old 10-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
ryanr623 is on a distinguished road
ryanr623's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen AC speakers

Are there any speakers that are a direct fit for access cabs that dont require $100 brackets?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
BUMP
Old 10-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
Are there any speakers that are a direct fit for access cabs that dont require $100 brackets?
$100 brackets? I've never heard of such a thing. If you are referring to the front doors, a set of brackets should be fairly easy to make.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneckc View Post
$100 brackets? I've never heard of such a thing. If you are referring to the front doors, a set of brackets should be fairly easy to make.
tacotunes.com says that most sized speakers do not fit with our tacomas. They make an adapter kit for front and rear for $100. Theres got to be SOME speakers that are a direct fit?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I think the speaker brackets are the same for DC's.... when I did my first (cheap) install, I pulled the existing rings out and hacked away at the back side plastic that kills your mounting depth... basically a chop job and they should fit. My back speakers still currently are mounted this way.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
tacotunes.com says that most sized speakers do not fit with our tacomas. They make an adapter kit for front and rear for $100. Theres got to be SOME speakers that are a direct fit?
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't pay $100 for some speaker adapters. Do you need them for the front and rear? If you're handy with a jigsaw and can get your hands on some small enough pieces of 3/4" MDF, you could make them yourself. If you can't do that, PM me and I would be willing to cut you a pair on a router from the jig I have at my shop for a small fee (don't worry, I won't ask for anything even near $100, lol).