1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sondpex audio OEM replacement speakers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Down In A Hole, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Oct 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    Down In A Hole

Down In A Hole [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    2004 Double Cab Limited Pre-Runner 2wd
    De-badged. Air-raid air intake. Magnaflow muffler. Clear front corners. 6700 HID headlights.
    Hey I got a aftermarket Kenwood deck in my 04 Tacoma Double cab. It's specs are 22rms/50watt peak x4 channels. RMS power bandwidth 20-20 KHz. I currently have stock speakers and they used to sound great with the stock factory head unit but now with the Kenwood headunit I get some piercing highs and bass distortion when I go over 1 on the bass boost. I'd like to get that similar stock like sound by just upgrading the speakers. I'am also not looking to buy a amp. I came across these low-watt speakers at Pepboys. The Brand is Sondpex. Some of the specs are P.P Injection Cone Woofer 10 oz Magnet,1" ASV. Voice Coil,66 Watts Max
    Freq. Resp.: 60-18KHz Spl: 90 dB/w/m.

Anyone ever heard of them and know if it will be a nice addition to the kenwood deck? I'am not looking to buy a amp to power high watt speakers at this time. I just want to get speakers that will work well with the power the Kenwood deck is putting out. Also if you might have any other recommendations or experience with good speakers that work well with JUST a aftermarket deck. Thanks! Here's the pepboys link.

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/8567170/

2. Oct 11, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    You could do better at walmart buyiing some cheap Pioneer stuff IMHO.

3. Oct 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    Down In A Hole

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    De-badged. Air-raid air intake. Magnaflow muffler. Clear front corners. 6700 HID headlights.
    I got to talk to a guy at crutchfield online and he recommended Polk 6x8's and said they were the best for the money. He said the pioneer would be good or ok but not great. These sondpex speakers are probably below pioneer quality. Would definitely like to hear if anyone has experience with this.

4. Oct 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    IDK man, anything really is better than stock, but its hard to call anything good without some power behind it. I'd just hit Wally World for some Pioneers or Sony's, you could do your Polk's but I don't think you'd notice any difference between either three without power behind them. If you really want to be critical, pick the one that has the highest sensitivity. It will work better with a low power setup.

5. Oct 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    Down In A Hole

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the tip. I'm actually comparing 6x8's on crutchfield to what they sell for on ebay. Finding some kenwoods and sony's for more than half the price.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top