Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

pioneer ts-d or alpine type r?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
bradicus8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
bradicus8's Tacoma Gallery
pioneer ts-d or alpine type r?

been doing a descent amount of research on components... while i know that there are several different brands that are better than these 2, im probably going with either of these given my current situation(and the fact that my whole saler already carries these brands). i have heard good things about both of these component sets, however, since price isnt a factor for me here and neither is powering them, i need you guys to give me your thoughts on what is the better choice of the two.. things to consider:
-handling on bass
-smoothness
-durability
-SQ
Old 10-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
You really just need to listen to them and take your pick. The materials the cones are made out of is what I look at. A hard cone will resonate higher tones, giving a more 'crisp' sound. Personally I like softer cones, my speakers are, for lack of a better term... cardboard. I love the sound, it doesn't hurt my ears.

Everyone has a different taste. Someone else will come behind and tell you that Type R's are awesome. Its really up to you, not us.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
You really just need to listen to them and take your pick. The materials the cones are made out of is what I look at. A hard cone will resonate higher tones, giving a more 'crisp' sound. Personally I like softer cones, my speakers are, for lack of a better term... cardboard. I love the sound, it doesn't hurt my ears.

Everyone has a different taste. Someone else will come behind and tell you that Type R's are awesome. Its really up to you, not us.

if i had a place to go listen to speakers and audio equipment i would but i dont! :/ thats why i have to ask ya'll and read up.. as far as the tweeters go, the alpine has the silk dome, i'd imagine this has a softer sound to it? cuz i hate when the music is too bright, so irritating
Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, silk domes are not as bright as metal based domes.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
The alpine 6.5's are pretty bright though, I don't know about the tweeters specifically, but I didn't like the sound.

How do you not have a place to go? You're in LA/LB
Old 10-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
The alpine 6.5's are pretty bright though, I don't know about the tweeters specifically, but I didn't like the sound.

How do you not have a place to go? You're in LA/LB
ya i wouldnt want something too bright.. and im in buena park, literally walking distance from knotts berry farm, and i actually work at medieval times lol, anyway i really dont know where i could find a place that has speakers i could listen too thats decently close