Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

components?

Old 10-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
stanbp64 is on a distinguished road
stanbp64's Tacoma Gallery
components?

This forum is killing me. First I knew I had to get another HU so I installed a Pioneer 2400bt. Next I knew I needed some new speakers and thinking I was just going tojust run them off the HU I put in some Boston Acoustics coaxials up front. Then I saw all the posts on the Alpine power pack and installed that. Next I read all the post on the Sound Ordnance powered sub and I've got one ready to install. But even though the coaxials sound great I read so much on here about components being the best for our trucks, I'm considering getting some. Gonna have to sell the BAs first. Looking at maybe some Polks or Kenwoods(these have crossover in line, which I like) Will the 45 extra Watts be enough for some components and what are some good economical components?

Stan
Old 10-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
components will give best results paired with a good amp.

since ya already have the coax, just install the SO sub and then adjust the EQ on the head unit to take the bass out of the door speakers and see how ya like it like that.

but speakers are personal preference, I may think a 200 dollar pair of speakers sounds better than a 400 dollar set, since everyone hears sound differently.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
components will sound like crap without an amp. If you've never done a stereo before you wouldn't understand, to an untrained ear deck power would sound fine. Having a little more power to your speakers is like night and day.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
45w might not be enough. Like everything else you'll get what you pay for in the speaker world.
I had Bostons in my truck and they were good enough till I heard some Focal's. check these out http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...al-165-A1.html
Old 10-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
saying a set of comps will sound like crap because theyre not on an external amp is ignorant.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
Went ahead and ordered some Alpine SPS-610C 6.5" components. Figured I would compare them to the BA coaxials and sell off whichever set I liked least.

Stan
Old 10-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbp64 View Post
Went ahead and ordered some Alpine SPS-610C 6.5" components. Figured I would compare them to the BA coaxials and sell off whichever set I liked least.

Stan
Whatcha got for the boston acoustics and how much would you want for them if you decide to sell them
Old 10-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
saying a set of comps will sound like crap because theyre not on an external amp is ignorant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqgHFcmAOc&sns=em
Old 10-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
components will sound like crap without an amp. If you've never done a stereo before you wouldn't understand, to an untrained ear deck power would sound fine. Having a little more power to your speakers is like night and day.
I've actually heard some basic setups with the front speakers playing off of the deck power that sounded pretty good for what they were.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #10
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
TRUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
NOT TRUE

The purpose of an amp is far greater than just to "amplify" the amount of watts a speaker gets.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Whatcha got for the boston acoustics and how much would you want for them if you decide to sell them

They are SC95's, 6 x 9s. They sound good, I just wanted to try some components. I just ordered the Alpines so it may be a week or two before i can install them. I'll let you know first if I decide to sell them. I got them for $140....so they would be less than that,

Stan
Old 10-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanbp64 View Post
They are SC95's, 6 x 9s. They sound good, I just wanted to try some components. I just ordered the Alpines so it may be a week or two before i can install them. I'll let you know first if I decide to sell them. I got them for $140....so they would be less than that,

Stan
Thanks for getting back to me but i need some 6 1/2 or 6 3/4 for the rear. Good luck with tweeter mounts! Making custom ones is a little tricky, im sure you will figure it out tho.