Notices

Audiophile Guru's

Old 10-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Banned
evh5150 will become famous soon enough
Name: Eddie
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
Audiophile Guru's

Okay here is my issue. I have a brand new 2013 Jetta TDI with the Fender Audio system. I bought all BA Pro 50 SE for the front and rear doors. Now I went to three audio places and they said they wont fit. Due to how Volkswagen places them in there. They I need special brackets but they don't carry them. Crutchfield has some, but they have terrible reviews. Anybody on here who is an audio junkie that can help. I have bought everything, JL. Audio HD 900/5. JL Audio perfect fit stealth box. Wires, cables.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Without pics I can't imagine what the problem is, but can't the stereo shop just fab up some MDF adapters for you? Thats what most of us have, beit 'TacoTunes' adapters or others, they're very simple to make.

Got any pics though? Usually its a mounting hole and depth issue, MDF rings solve that issue.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
Banned
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any pics because I don't know how to remove the door skin. And three installers have refused to take the job
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
If the shops you're going to think that's some sort of complicated mess they're retarded and aren't fit to work on your car. Don't go back to any of them.

What you need is a baffle cut for those specs as Brian stated. Those spacers in the pictures look like 1.5" thick or something similar. You likely need one that thick but with the cutout that will fit your new speakers. Basically any idiot can get the job done since they are simple circles and nothing crazy in terms of shape.

I would also suggest you join a jetta forum as I'm sure you're not the first person to run into this issue.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
Banned
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
I have joined one on Edmunds but it sucks I put this question on there 2 weeks ago and have got nothing. Do you know of any better forums by any chance.. This site is amazing so I would like to find one comparable. Because nothing is even close to this one
Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Might try TDIClub
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
vwvortex is also quite nice.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #9
Beach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to behold

Beach Taco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ x2