Audio System Security

Old 10-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Pavehawk is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Brian
Pavehawk's Tacoma Gallery
Audio System Security

Hey All -

Just wondering what you guys are doing for head unit security. I'm looking for an aftermarket double din but living here in Vegas I'm a bit concerned about the dirtbags breaking into the truck - especially for units like the Alpine with the 8 inch screen. Are the aftermarket alarms a reasonable deterrent?

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Macaroni Connoisseur
JCVorndran is on a distinguished road
Name: Jonathan
JCVorndran's Tacoma Gallery
Look into a removable double din faceplate, I have the Pioneer AVH-8400 and I just take the face off and put it in my book bag or hide it. Also I have an autopage cs-915, usually the flashing led is a deterrent, but you never know these days.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Don't buy a double din, easy solution I can't stand em.

Removeable faceplates don't hide the fact that you still have a double din 'NAV' unit. Tinted windows if legal, and a decent security system that doesn't scream the same annoying woops that everyone else has (which get ignored) is the best you can do.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
Tuffy makes a [armored]keyed face plate for the Jeep wrangler, which seems to do the trick. Maybe, if enough demand...Tuffy will manufacture one for the Taco. I.M.H.O,Jus sayin..I know the chances are slim to none, but hey, it could happen..be gentle.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
totally ghetto, but i throw a towel over the dash and steering wheel that happens to cover the head unit...
along with tinted windows and security.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Double Din Cover