Notices

02 double cab sub system insane not 1 not 2 12" subs

Old 10-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Rossi
Rossi02 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rossi
Rossi02's Tacoma Gallery
Cool 02 double cab sub system insane not 1 not 2 12" subs

Of course it cant be done, 4 12" mtx subs in the back of the back seats in a 2002 4x4 double cab 1st gen.........just wait for the 4000 watt amp, where is that going? Check out my gallery for photos
Old 10-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum brother. Anything is possible with enough time, money, and know how. What's the specs on those subs, box, amp? Inquiring mind's want to know! Bet it bumps! How's the rest of your system look, mid's/high's etc? I'd suggest you keep that child restraint bar I've had dealers and other people tell me that it would drop the value of the truck by a grand or so if it isn't in there, I did the same thing but bought a new one so that I could weld it back on if I ever decide to get rid of it. FYI if you click the link under your pictures in you gallery and copy it then past it in the text field they will show in the post, like so.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Your C pillar's.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
But why?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
But why?
Because BASS!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
Rossi
Rossi02's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the help with the pictures and the welcome. as of October 16th I've been working on it for the last 3 days and almost done with the Box I will post more pictures as I build the system over the next week or 2.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
Rossi
Rossi02's Tacoma Gallery
Oh another thing I'm not worried about the value the truck I plan on keeping it forever I'll fix anything that goes wrong on it And when it's ready to retire I will jack it up and put some 42s under it and go wheeling
Old 10-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
dylan199 is on a distinguished road
dylan199's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly I think that is going to sound like sh!t. Why are you not sealing it properly?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to see this. I just want a pair of 10s in my truck...
Old 10-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan199 View Post
Honestly I think that is going to sound like sh!t. Why are you not sealing it properly?
It seems like he's trying, hence the liquid nail.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan199 View Post
I hope for his sake that he did seal it up. Also, some sound deadener wouldn't hurt. I built my enclosure off the rear wall, too. The area of the rear wall that I used was about 1/4 of the size of what the OP's enclosure will occupy. It took a few tubes of silicon and about 3 sheets of dynamat until I was satisfied with the integrity of the seal.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #12
Rossi
Rossi02's Tacoma Gallery
I am using the bed lining as my sealing agent. I had the bed lining company put in a quarter of an inch on the back wall. I have done this before and the bed liner makes a great sound deadining against the metal
Old 10-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
Rossi
Rossi02's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the specs on the 4 - 12" sub that I chose for this project. Mainly for the 400 rms 1000 peak but you should never go by he peak.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #14
BigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud of

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
This is insane. Subscribed.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #15
Rossi
Rossi02's Tacoma Gallery
The amp came in a little bigger than I thought but i have plenty of room where its going for this high current car amplifier from MA Audio. Boasting a maximum output of 4400 watts, it'll turn any sound system into a powerhouse. Features include: 500 watts x 2 RMS @ 4 ohm 800 watts x 2 RMS @ 2 ohm 1400 watts x 2 RMS @ 1 ohm 2200 watts x 2 RMS @ 0.5 ohm 4400 watts x 1 RMS @ 1 ohm bridged 20Hz-20kHz frequency response 40-250Hz variable high/low

Old 10-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #16
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi02 View Post
The amp came in a littet bigger than I thought but i have plenty of room where its going for this. high current car amplifier from MA Audio. Boasting a maximum output of 4400 watts, it'll turn any sound system into a powerhouse. Features include: 500 watts x 2 RMS @ 4 ohm 800 watts x 2 RMS @ 2 ohm 1400 watts x 2 RMS @ 1 ohm 2200 watts x 2 RMS @ 0.5 ohm 4400 watts x 1 RMS @ 1 ohm bridged 20Hz-20kHz frequency response 40-250Hz variable high/low
That's a lot of power! I hope you've installed the necessary upgrades to your electrical system and have some 3/0 gauge wire ready for your power!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #17
Rossi
Rossi02's Tacoma Gallery
Got some more done today starting with installing the 0 gauge wire from the batt to the ceiling in the backwhere the amp goes

Old 10-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #19
Rossi
Rossi02's Tacoma Gallery
Now for installing an aluminum plate under the roof liner having somthing to mount the amp, capacitor, signal processor to.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #20
Will The Thrill

This just way more interesting.