LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Does anyone have the Kicker "hideaway"?

Old 10-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
JeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
JeremyGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have the Kicker "hideaway"?

Looking to get one. If you have one: are you happy with it? What does install involve?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
jwickjedi is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
jwickjedi's Tacoma Gallery
Just received mine from Crutchfield, gonna do the install this Saturday. I will post how everything went. Looking at the package, looks like the remote turn on wire from the harness needs to be longer, already found wire to extend this. Also, if you have preamps on your headunit, you will need to buy a $15.00 Kicker made adapter (09ZISL Audio Interconnect Cable) for RCA output.
Btw, I plan on putting this behind the rear driver side seat. With the heater/AC ducts underneath our DC seats, not sure I want to bother installing it in that location. (I believe this would work in the Access cabs though, no plastic heater/AC ducts I believe) I will have more info after Saturday. Wish me luck. Looking forward to adding better lower frequencies in my ride. Right now, it sounds pretty good with the Pioneer DEH-P9400BH and 6.5" aftermarket speakers ....but with this kicker sub, I should be fine afterwards.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
JeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
JeremyGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, thanks buddy. Look forward to your opinion.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
dude... a whole thread on this... search...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-hideaway.html
Old 10-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #5

You know, I actually have read that whole thread and realized that those who posted have ACCESS cabs. I am gonna see how well this Kicker fits under the Double Cab seats, with the plastic AC/Heater vents being in the way and all. Thanks for the heads up on the link though.
Probably gonna put it behind the rear seat anyways, but I will find out if under the seat is really an option for us DC owners.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
ARGH! My apologies. On AC vs. DC.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #7

Actually it's good that this was brought up. With the access cab, the Kicker hideaway sub makes a lot of sense. However, with the Double cab, you may want to go with a single 10" sub box. I tried fitting this under the seat, but with those plastic vents under there, really not a good option. (You could put it length wise, but it will show and a passenger could kick it. (no pun intended..LOL) Anyways, I mounted it behind the rear driver side seat. I took off both plastic panels to separate speaker wire from power/remote wires. (Not sure if it mattered, but I have no noise). The speaker does a very admirable job in filling out the low end frequency, very happy. I have it snug using one corner bracket and some 4 inch thick foam placed in front on each side, that seems to hold it in place once the seat it pushed back up. I did include the remote boost wire, you just have to mess with the dials on the sub and find your happy spot with it. It does hit hard if you set it up that way, could hear a bit of the plastic panel behind the seats start to vibrate. Overall I would give this an 8 out of 10. Just wish it fit better under the seat, would have been a much easier install.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
protoadies is on a distinguished road

protoadies's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwickjedi View Post
Actually it's good that this was brought up. With the access cab, the Kicker hideaway sub makes a lot of sense. However, with the Double cab, you may want to go with a single 10" sub box. I tried fitting this under the seat, but with those plastic vents under there, really not a good option. (You could put it length wise, but it will show and a passenger could kick it. (no pun intended..LOL) Anyways, I mounted it behind the rear driver side seat. I took off both plastic panels to separate speaker wire from power/remote wires. (Not sure if it mattered, but I have no noise). The speaker does a very admirable job in filling out the low end frequency, very happy. I have it snug using one corner bracket and some 4 inch thick foam placed in front on each side, that seems to hold it in place once the seat it pushed back up. I did include the remote boost wire, you just have to mess with the dials on the sub and find your happy spot with it. It does hit hard if you set it up that way, could hear a bit of the plastic panel behind the seats start to vibrate. Overall I would give this an 8 out of 10. Just wish it fit better under the seat, would have been a much easier install.
Can you post a few pics of the sub installed behind the seat with your foam, if you removed the back seat plastic backing do you think you will still hear that noise.... I wanted it underseat in our double cab but its no big deal.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
TrippTheGreat
BehindUranus is on a distinguished road

Name: Tripp
BehindUranus's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at the JL equivalent of this I believe it was the 13.5" truck sub when they were out. I have an 02 Tacoma DBL cab and was planning on custom building a floorboard box to fit on on each side of the back floorboard hump and putting plexiglass over them to protect them. The problem was the box was gonna be to much to do so I ended up getting 2 Fosgate P1's and putting them in single boxes behind both seats. Allows me to flip on into the center hump when 1 person is riding in the back for more leg room or remove one / both when room is needed.

Not really the same sub but my $0.02 on subs. Im happier I got 10" instead of 8"s.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #10
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I want one! Seems promising.