1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need a new sub or idea??

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by FL TRD, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Oct 19, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    FL TRD

FL TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner SR5 TRD
    Hey guys ive finished up my system and kind of pieced everything together and i am not satisified with the way my sub sounds. Im running one of the kicker 12" thin subs in there kicker box. It fits great behind the seat but sounds like crap. I think its the design of the thin sub but not sure? I would really like to run a normal 10" or 2 10" subs but dont know how much room there is to fit one. How deep can the sub be to fit with a box and if anyone knows the dimensions of a box to fit that would be great.

2. Oct 21, 2012 at 1:55 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    The kickers just plainly suck. CompVR's are decent, but only sub that Kicker makes that is worth a damn is the SoloBaric's and you'll never fit them behind your seats.

I'm running a 400 watt Fosgate shallow 10" sub and couldn't be happier with it. You wouldn't think I have a shallow sub, it puts out just like the big boys. There are plenty of better options out there instead of a Kicker. ImageDynamics is a popular brand on here as well. I've also heard good things about JL's thin series subs too, but have yet to hear them in person.

3. Oct 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    FL TRD

FL TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner SR5 TRD
    Do you know how deep a regular sub can be to fit behind the seat if i dont want to run a shallow mount anymore?

4. Oct 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    bradicus8

bradicus8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 cement Trd sport DCSB
    icon kit 33's ovtune pro grille JL audio subs with custom box
    i wouldn't go over 5- 5 1/2 inch mounting depth, and thats if i want them to fit smoothly, cuz then you still have to account the 3/4 mdf of the box and the amount of excursion of the sub hitting the back of your seat...
    also if space is a problem but u want good bass, try lookin into the jl 8w3's, a lot of people are skeptical about 8" subs but these things kick ass, i had an opportunity to hear 2 of them in a silverado last week and they hit hard and so clear, im gonna run those 2 and they are just under 5" depth.. just my 2 cents

Products Discussed in

To Top