Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Need a new sub or idea??

Old 10-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
FL TRD is on a distinguished road
FL TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Need a new sub or idea??

Hey guys ive finished up my system and kind of pieced everything together and i am not satisified with the way my sub sounds. Im running one of the kicker 12" thin subs in there kicker box. It fits great behind the seat but sounds like crap. I think its the design of the thin sub but not sure? I would really like to run a normal 10" or 2 10" subs but dont know how much room there is to fit one. How deep can the sub be to fit with a box and if anyone knows the dimensions of a box to fit that would be great.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
The kickers just plainly suck. CompVR's are decent, but only sub that Kicker makes that is worth a damn is the SoloBaric's and you'll never fit them behind your seats.

I'm running a 400 watt Fosgate shallow 10" sub and couldn't be happier with it. You wouldn't think I have a shallow sub, it puts out just like the big boys. There are plenty of better options out there instead of a Kicker. ImageDynamics is a popular brand on here as well. I've also heard good things about JL's thin series subs too, but have yet to hear them in person.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
FL TRD is on a distinguished road
FL TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know how deep a regular sub can be to fit behind the seat if i dont want to run a shallow mount anymore?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
bradicus8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
bradicus8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL TRD View Post
Do you know how deep a regular sub can be to fit behind the seat if i dont want to run a shallow mount anymore?
i wouldn't go over 5- 5 1/2 inch mounting depth, and thats if i want them to fit smoothly, cuz then you still have to account the 3/4 mdf of the box and the amount of excursion of the sub hitting the back of your seat...
also if space is a problem but u want good bass, try lookin into the jl 8w3's, a lot of people are skeptical about 8" subs but these things kick ass, i had an opportunity to hear 2 of them in a silverado last week and they hit hard and so clear, im gonna run those 2 and they are just under 5" depth.. just my 2 cents