Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

home made access cab sub box

Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
home made access cab sub box

hey everyone,
i figured since i had not seen any awesome sub box ideas for the newer 2nd gens with the worlds dumbest center console, i would post what i had made.
i like my design more since i am 6'2 and have to half my seat all the way back and cant settle for the kind that makes you slightly farther forward. it is a 10in sub to.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
TACO LOVER!
!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light

Law Enforcement:
Name: Felix
!TacoTaco!'s Tacoma Gallery
Pictures?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #4

sorry wouldnt post in the the thread creation
Old 10-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Looks good, how much volume inside there? Heres my access cab solution but i could only fit an 8" shallow mount
Attached Thumbnails
home made access cab sub box-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351049652.564385.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #7

when i did the math i believe it was enough volume for a 12 i tried to build one the way you did and could not get enough clearance for a basic 10 and did not want to spend more on a shallow. i wanna say it was 1.5 or 1.75 cubic ft. they only thing i wanna do is fiberglass it.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Nice! Looks good, how much volume inside there? Heres my access cab solution but i could only fit an 8" shallow mount
Kinda nifty there
Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
when i did the math i believe it was enough volume for a 12 i tried to build one the way you did and could not get enough clearance for a basic 10 and did not want to spend more on a shallow. i wanna say it was 1.5 or 1.75 cubic ft. they only thing i wanna do is fiberglass it.
Nice thats a pretty good size, i wanna build a bigger one some day. Ya mine is like .35 cf, i was able to find a shallow mount with .3 cf ideal volume, it hits surprisingly hard for being so small.

Why do you wanna fiberglass it? Are you looking to get rid of the carpet and paint it?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #10

no not really, when i did it i did not take my time so when i did the "coutoured" bottom the lines are not perfect and i can "hear" imperfection. haha and also with less give i will get more BUMP as if it is not already enough for the access cab.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Kinda nifty there
Thanks, it was alot of work for a little bass. I had to cut apart the metal seat frame, cut the carpet, figure out how to support the seat with the sub box. But i need the back seat for my dogs and i wanted something stealth so it was worth it for me. For most people with access cabs it makes alot more sense to do what the OP did
Old 10-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #12

if i throw in the sharpstown tunes (ghetto of Houston) i can almost feel the brown note coming to me. haha
Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #13
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine is the wide one and it has .96 cf of volume. A 10" woofer should have about .9 cf min. in a sealed application.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #14

Quote:
no not really, when i did it i did not take my time so when i did the "coutoured" bottom the lines are not perfect and i can "hear" imperfection. haha and also with less give i will get more BUMP as if it is not already enough for the access cab.
Oh i see. That would be pretty tricky to fiberglass and get perfect, but i have only done a few fiberglass projects so i don't know all the tricks of the trade. If you pull up the carpet you could probably make some kind of brackets to hold the box down with no movement, you would have to cut some of the carpet tho for the brackets to come through.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
if i throw in the sharpstown tunes (ghetto of Houston) i can almost feel the brown note coming to me. haha
Oh shit just noticed you're in Magnolia...I'm close(ish) to tomball
Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #16

i wanna say iv seen your truck before! i spend lots of time in tomball. there aint shit to do in magnolia. haha
Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
Mayor of TW

Quote:
i wanna say iv seen your truck before! i spend lots of time in tomball. there aint shit to do in magnolia. haha
I'm up through there occasionally... . Well have a north side meet one of these days.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #18

i might have had my math wrong but ya its enough for a 10, and i love the table you built over the box its genius.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
Mine is the wide one and it has .96 cf of volume. A 10" woofer should have about .9 cf min. in a sealed application.

I wanna hear one of these subthump boxes, i bet the downfiring sub sounds really good in an access cab. Scratch that i want to hear your system lol, i think i have told you that before.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #20

that would be awesome man, im curretly stuck in the hell hole called san antonio for school but head back home all the time.