Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Door Mounted Tweeter Install Write-up

Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
thewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Colby
thewhiteknight's Tacoma Gallery
Door Mounted Tweeter Install Write-up

This is one of my first write-ups so bare with me.

This is for 05 and up Tacomas. This one is an 06.

I looked around and haven't seen anyone else with tweeters here, and i thought, why not?

So i figured i would try it.

Time: about a hour and a half if you take your time.

Tools: drill, hole saw, wire cutters, screw driver

Supplies: tweeters, zip-ties, glue, electrical tape, (beer?)
And i was tired of my tweeters looking like this:

I started out and removed this:

I then got a 1 and 3/4" hole saw and cut a hole in it:

I cut the center of the hole here:

Since I already had a wire ran up to the top of the windshield, where the tweeters were, i used the same wire to pull through the door up to the tweeter. i removed the kick panels and door panels (the directions to remove the door panel are on here somewhere) I ran the wire through this rubber hose with the factory wires to the mirrors, window switches, etc. :

I then cut a slit in the thin plastic on the door and pulled the wire through it:

Then I secured the wire to the power mirror wires with zip ties:

Then I hooked up the tweeter and test fit it:

I did have to trim the back of the tweeter mount for clearance:

Another test fit and it was perfect.

Be sure when putting the panels back in place to not pinch any wires.

Then I replaced all the panels popped everything back in place. and I was done. Much better i think.

The other side is pretty similar so i only did the write-up on the driver's side..

A picture of the things i used:

*All pics were taken with iPhone.
**Not responsible for any damage caused to vehicle.