Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Amp placement in access cab

Old 10-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
chrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant future
chrispy's Tacoma Gallery
Amp placement in access cab

Hello, I am looking for ideas for the amp placement in a tacoma access cab. I know the obvious placement would be under the front seats, but does anyone have pictures of their set-up and how they ran their wires?
Of course any other creative amp placements are more than welcome.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
If your amp will fit under the drivers side front seat, that's where I would suggest putting it. Get your ground from the chassis underneath the carpet, run your power wires up the drivers side kick/runners, and run your RCA's and turn on wire down the center console.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
jboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to behold
jboy671's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I have for now with some cooling fans to keep the amp cool. Future plans include a fiberglass mold of the compartment area to accommodate more fans to better cool the second amp I will be installing.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
chrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant future
chrispy's Tacoma Gallery
So i just ordered a alpine pxe-h660 sound processor, and am on the hunt for a deal on a good amp. Right now i'm looking at a PDX-V9. my amp placement will most likely be under my passenger seat. Does anyone have dimensions on the amount of space under the seat? Is there more under the drivers seat?

Any more pictures of amp placement in access cabs?