Hey guys, the other day both my front components cut out. They are running off of a small 2 channel amp. It seems like the amp may be the problem but I'd like to run it by you guys in case I missed something.
Things that I checked which are good:
- Fuse on amp good
- Main fuse good
- All stereo connections in the truck are soldered, heat shrinked and taped
- Connections at both speakers in the door are soldered
- Checked the speaker wire and does not seem pinched anywhere (I didn't rip the truck apart though)
- Power, ground, remote. The amp actually turns on.
- Thinking it may be a bad rca cable, switched the rca from the sub(which works) over to the component amp and got nothing
- Thinking it may be a bad rca output on the deck switched the rcas from the front to the sub up to the highs and got frequencies out of the sub
I know basic troubleshooting and wiring so if you guys know any more tests I can run let me know. I'd like to be 100% sure it's the amp before I go and spend the money on a new one.