LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

No Album art work or info on head unit

Old 10-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
2013TRD is on a distinguished road
2013TRD's Tacoma Gallery
No Album art work or info on head unit

I did some searching, I hope this isn't a redundant post. I have a 2013 Tacoma and the Bluetooth or USB connection doesn't show any album artwork, song info...nothing. It just says NO DATA everywhere. I have a Samsung Galaxy S. I suspect its a setting on my phone, but was curious if anybody had some insight for me.

Thank you in advance
Old 10-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not familiar with the stock system but i'm nearly 100% positive that bluetooth doesn't support album artwork or anything over and above regular stop and play type features.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
2013TRD is on a distinguished road
2013TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Italyn!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
I'm not familiar with the stock system but i'm nearly 100% positive that bluetooth doesn't support album artwork or anything over and above regular stop and play type features.
You are correct.

Bluetooth only stream A2DP which will not support any images or album art. You'll have to use USB/iPod or some other hard connected device.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
+1 to earlier posts.

A2DP only supports basic features such as stop, play, reverse and fwd.

Some units have the ability to read track meta-data, and this is enabled with the use of the AVRCD bluetooth profile. I think I know of one phone that supports that right now, but I don't know of any radios.

There is no ability for album art. Period. Bluetooth is kinda like the red headed step child in technology. No one cares to update it much.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 AM   #6
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm waiting for there to be a Bluetooth 5.0 that has a higher bandwidth that lets you stream more than just the music over the air. No I've not heard of it happening and that's just what I WANT to happen.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #7
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
I'm waiting for there to be a Bluetooth 5.0 that has a higher bandwidth that lets you stream more than just the music over the air. No I've not heard of it happening and that's just what I WANT to happen.
The bigger problem with Bluetooth that I've found is since its on the ever so crowded 2.4 spectrum... it receives a lot of interference. My phones bluetooth often won't work very well if WiFi is on as well. Its a common issue. Increase the bandwidth and the problem only becomes bigger.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:50 AM   #8
JP Bone is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
JP Bone's Tacoma Gallery
I test drove a 2013 with the base head unit, linked my iPhone to test the streaming Bluetooth sound quality and was amazed and excited that the album art was displayed on the screen. I just bought a 2013 with the base head unit and it doesn't seem to display the album art.

To the guys that are saying it isn't possible to stream album art through Bluetooth, they are wrong. I saw it with my own two little eyes. Just can't get it to work on my car. My options in the settings menu have an option to "Display Captured Images". Switching this to on was supposed to allow the album art to display. At least that is my understanding. If not, I would like to know what this setting is for. The manual was no help, however in the manual, it shows the album art display in their example screen.

Does anyone have any insight on what is going on. There is very little information on the subject elsewhere, which I think is mainly due to the fact that most people don't know album art can be displayed, or don't care. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:54 AM   #9
Sounds Gooooood

Very interesting. I wasn't aware that was possible with A2DP protocol.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #10
tsim will become famous soon enoughtsim will become famous soon enough

tsim's Tacoma Gallery
Having same problem here. Everything works perfect except the artwork. Just wondering if anyone has figured this problem out yet. Would love to get my album artwork showing on my new Tacoma.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
20RC13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Randall
20RC13's Tacoma Gallery
I have a similar problem but all of a sudden today my headunit fails to display track info when connected by Bluetooth. It won't change songs either... Except if you hit browse, you can find all of the songs there. Anybody else see this? I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting about 10x and nothing works...

It's a 2013 with the standard headunit.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
Larson7.62 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Alex
Larson7.62's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2012 and an Iphone 3GS and it doesn't display any data. However, if my girlfriend connects her Iphone 4S via bluetooth, everything shows up. I think it does have some thing to do with the phone
Old 01-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #13
20RC13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Randall
20RC13's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 4s and it's still not working
Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #14
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
I have the galaxy s3 and mine shows album artwork.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:24 AM   #15
tsim will become famous soon enoughtsim will become famous soon enough

tsim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
I have the galaxy s3 and mine shows album artwork.
What format is your music ripped to on your phone? What ripping software did you use? Which head unit do you have in your truck?
I have the Galaxy Note and it won't show album artwork. It won't show through Bluetooth or even using a USB thumb drive with the mp3's loaded to it. I have tried several different formats, tag editors, folder arrangements and nothing works.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
All my music on my phone is on Google play music.It plays flawlessy through bluetooth.I also have all my music on a USB flash drive, so I can say the name of the song and it will start playing.All my music on my flash drive and on my phone is in mp3 format. I get the album artwork when using that too.I have the headunit with entune and xm sattelite radio with jbl speakers. Not sure if their different, but, it's the stock stereo that came in my 2013 limited.I hope that helps!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #17
JP Bone's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone with an iPhone had the guts to download the software update (6.1). I'm afraid to do it because it works ok (75%). I'm afraid if I update it will be even worse than it is now. Someone be a guinea pig?! Then report back. My problems have been 5 or so quirky issues. Album art, contacts come and go, Bluetooth disconnects when my car truck is turned off and back on so I have to close the app and re open, and a few other relatively small things. I'm sick of these issues! I've heard iOS 6.1 is better, but not trusting yet!!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #18
JP Bone's Tacoma Gallery
M b
Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #19
dibble9012 has much to be proud ofdibble9012 has much to be proud ofdibble9012 has much to be proud ofdibble9012 has much to be proud ofdibble9012 has much to be proud ofdibble9012 has much to be proud ofdibble9012 has much to be proud ofdibble9012 has much to be proud ofdibble9012 has much to be proud ofdibble9012 has much to be proud of
Air Force:
dibble9012's Tacoma Gallery
6.1 works fine for me.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #20
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the revive, just wanted to add for future reference. I have discovered that if you play music under something other than the stock music player (galaxy s3) info will not be correct or displayed at all over the head unit. For instance, i use amazon mp3 and if i am playing music over that app, it will not display the correct info