Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Will a JL audio W3 fit in this box for a access cab?

Old 10-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Will a JL audio W3 fit in this box for a access cab?

I assume this sub will fit in this box but does anyone have any experience with this?

Fits: 05-09 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Trucks
Approx. Empty Weight: 14 lbs
MDF Construction
Installs on center hump behind front console and
contours up over rear seats.
No modifications required
Fits one round or square sub
Mounting Depth: 9"
Volume: .82 cu.ft
Sealed Box,

JL AUDIO W3 SUB
10" Single 4 Ohm W3v3 Series Subwoofer
Peak: 600 watts | RMS: 300 watts
Impedance: Single 4 Ohm
Top Mount Depth: 5.93"
Cutout Diameter: 9.0625
Old 10-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
TrippTheGreat
BehindUranus is on a distinguished road

Name: Tripp
BehindUranus's Tacoma Gallery
I have two Fosgate P1's in a single box on both sides of the hump in the floorboard of my DBL cab. Id imagine that would fit. Although I would recommend looking for one that doesnt go over the seat itself. Reason: if you need to carry 4-5 people or anyone in the back for that matter, I flip one of mine into the center for leg room or unplug and remove / electric tape the ends. Just my $0.02
Old 10-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Top Mount Depth on a sub is the length from the bottom of the part that you put the screws in to the back of the magnet, fyi on a sub like the W3 you want to have around a half inch space behind the magnet to let the vent push and pull air to cool the sub. That box, according to spec's you listed, is a full 4 inches deeper than the sub basket and magnet depth aka mounting depth so you'll be fine.