Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

How to Switch Rear Speakers: 1st Gen Ex Cab

Old 11-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
How to Switch Rear Speakers: 1st Gen Ex Cab

Just picked up a set of 5x7 coax speakers, and I cant seem to get the floor to ceiling panels off to take out my blown stockers.

Anybody have suggestions??

I can pop most of the clips off, but it seems the seatbelts won't allow me to pull the whole panel off. Is there a trick to those things?

Any help or pics would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
blitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blitzburgh99's Tacoma Gallery
have you tried to take off just the grille panel? That is what I did in my 99.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It looks like my model has that all one piece! How did you take yours off? I'm not sure why they would have the earlier ones easier to change then the later ones.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Toyota Addict

I've been debating cutting it where that grill is, and either super gluing it back when said and done- or getting a new speaker grill to put on
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
zbaldo has a spectacular aura aboutzbaldo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ozzy
zbaldo's Tacoma Gallery
From the top of the grill that covers the speakers use like a putty knife I used a pocket Knife stick it to the right corner and pop off that clip then do that for the other side as well research this as I may be wrong
Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaldo View Post
From the top of the grill that covers the speakers use like a putty knife I used a pocket Knife stick it to the right corner and pop off that clip then do that for the other side as well research this as I may be wrong
What year is yours? Mine is '03
Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #7

zbaldo's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is a 99 as well takes longer to get my knife than to pop those things out. Mind you after I did this it left a tiny dsnt/impression the plastic if you don't want that use like a putty or something doesn't seems like you mind though. I don't think Toyota would have worked backwards and made it harder to change the speakers if the speaker holes don't fit with the existing holes just pre drill and use a screw that's what I did

Sorry for the late response day of the dead visiting with my parents
I say that because when I got my speakers I was dying to put them on
Old 11-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #8

zbaldo's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=303
Old 11-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #9
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaldo View Post
Thanks!! I"m going to try this tomorrow