Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

advice needed...

Old 11-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
ElkHunter is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
ElkHunter's Tacoma Gallery
advice needed...

I have done some searching around here for info but, here is what I am looking at for a system... All I want is nice clean sound, with the capability to crank it up when the mood hits...

For the doors I have Kicker 10CVT651 subs, and I am looking at SS30 tweeters.

Since I have a 2012 Access Cab with no rear door speakers, I will be getting a pair of 2005-2009? doer panels so I can install some 6.5 full range speakers(undecided on which to buy) in the rear.

I will be picking up a center console sub box, and installing a Kicker Solo-baric 10'' sub.

As far as amps go, I am leaning in the direction of the Fosgate fosgate PBR300x4 for the front and rear, and the PBR300x1 for the sub.

I haven't decided in a dead unit yet.

I am thinking about running either a Soundstream MPQ-5XO crossover/equalizer, or a Hifonics HFEQ. The Soundstream is a 5 band, and the Hifonics is a 4 band.

I still have a few decisions to make...

Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Mark
Old 11-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Are you on a budget? I'm not sure where you're going at here, because you have some budget stuff in your build, but you dont have any mid-range speakers in your build plan.

I would say don't get the little subs and instead get a good set of components. For the amount you spend on those little subs, my components will blow your little subs away.

Also, I don't think a 300 watt amp will be enough to make an SL-10 happy. Last time I heard one, it loved every watt of power you could give it.

Get a good head unit and you wont need an extra EQ.

So give us a budget and we'll throw you some ideas.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #3
I don't really have a budget... I am doing it in stages so it won't hurt so bad! LOL

The reason for the small sub amp is more size... It has been like 20 years since I have bought any audio equipment...

What component speakers are you talking about?
Old 11-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Hertz.

Combined with my Rockford 10 and 80hz crossed, the mid-bass is so immersive its almost orgasmic. Its been keeping me very happy on my NIN binge last couple days, which is all about mid-bass more than that low stuff.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
I am not familiar with Hertz... Looking around, they seem to have somewhat of a following.

Do you have a recommendation as to which model to buy? they go pretty high but, I only want to do this one time. I will spend more to get quality and longevity...

Thanks for the info BTW...
Old 07-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
MD bound!
SpE3dF0x is on a distinguished road
Name: Fox
SpE3dF0x's Tacoma Gallery
Were you able to connect access cab 2005-11 door panels to the 2012? VERY interested!