1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer 4400 Install Prep - help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by belone12, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Nov 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    belone12

belone12 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab 6spd TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s, AAL, heated leather seats, Thule Rack, tow package, anytime foglight, Fold-a-cover
    So i am planning on installing a Pioneer AVH 4400 this weekend (replacing my Avic Z1). I am a competent novice and will do this myself (with help from you guys of course!) This is a picture of the LOC that is currently hooked up to accomodate the amp/sub (came with truck when I bought it).
    [​IMG]

This is the rear of the new HU:
    [​IMG]

This is the rear of the old HU:
    [​IMG]

Should i assume the RCA's plug directly into the new deck and I no longer need the LOC? Also, what do I do with the speaker wires that are currently connected to the LOC, just hook them up to the new wire harness?

Any advice/guidance is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. Nov 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    If you're using the head unit for power to your speakers then yes, remove the LoC and run the speaker wires into the new installation harness.

Install your RCA's in the appropriate channel output from your head unit.

That is alot of connections on the back of the AVIC :0 Never owned one but that is nuts.

Good luck with install. Its pretty straight forward. Theres only about 4 'important' wires to a head unit, the rest is sound output and expansion plugs. Just remember to do it all with the key off at minimum.

3. Nov 6, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    belone12

belone12 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab 6spd TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s, AAL, heated leather seats, Thule Rack, tow package, anytime foglight, Fold-a-cover
    Thanks Brian, I will disconnect the battery when doing the work. There is an amp behind the back seat which powers the 2 subs, i will check to see if the rear speakers are also wired through that but i think they go through the HU.

I couldn't believe the amount of wires and modules behind the dash when I pulled out the AVIC. I like things basic and clean and this drove me crazy. Part of this install is cleaning up that mess and simplifying the connections. The AVIC is a great deck but just not for me. I won't use 75% of its capability.

I really like the pic with the C130!

Products Discussed in

To Top