Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Audio Control LC6I

Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #21
AudioControl is on a distinguished road
AudioControl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i tried an 100 Ohm 1/2 watt resistor but it's still quiet in my cab. i put one end of the resistor in the left front (+) and one in the (-). is that the correct way to install?

i also found an old headphone jack and attached the left channel to the front left speaker input of the LC7i and played music through the phone. nothing. i may need a beefier signal.

so still having trouble on the input and output side of my system.
Lawless -

Give us a call again. Perhaps we can have a look at your LC7i.

AudioControl
Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #22
savage is on a distinguished road
savage's Tacoma Gallery
AudioControl

I have hooked up an LC7i in a 2013 Tacoma (non JBL).

I am getting alot of white noise when I barely turn up the Output level. Its highly distracting.

Any thoughts on what I can do?
Old 08-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #23
cuz my life is dope and I do dope shit
TurdTaco13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
TurdTaco13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage View Post
AudioControl

I have hooked up an LC7i in a 2013 Tacoma (non JBL).

I am getting alot of white noise when I barely turn up the Output level. Its highly distracting.

Any thoughts on what I can do?
I know you never got a response but I'm in the same boat. Just installed badass $600 Focal components in the front powered by a JL 3 channel amp at 75 watts RMS and I've got hissing up the ass. It's HORRIBLE!

Everything was done by a high end shop so I'm assuming they installed everything correctly, and they claim it's noise from the stock headunit because the Bluetooth never shuts off. Not sure I buy that though.

Anyone have any tips on things to check/tweak?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #24
dapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud of

Army: PowerPoint Ranger
Name: David
dapetik's Tacoma Gallery
Were these problems addressed by audio control? I'm looking into buying one for my JBL system....
Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #25
AudioControl is on a distinguished road
AudioControl's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry we missed your posts. There are no known problems with the LC7i and Toyota factory systems. Hiss is almost always a gain staging issue. Also, JL amps (some of them) have low level and high level input switches - it seems to work best to switch to hi level, since the LC7i will likely be producing signal levels in the higher range. Switching the amp to hi level effectively lowers gain further (I believe JL say there is an impedance difference as well).

From head to tail, the system should be set with head unit at highest volume below distortion, LC7i should be maximized (some installers just leave the levels at the factory position, which does you no favors), then starting with your amp gains all the way down, make small adjustments only as necessary to achieve the volume you are looking for. This should ensure the lowest possible noise floor.

We have run into some noisy factory systems, unfortunately, and you must strike a balance between usable signal and the inherent noise. You might try to nail down where the noise is coming in, if you can't get away from it. Start by disconnecting all inputs from the LC7i, then run the LC7i and amps (you may have to temporarily jump +12V to Remote In) to listen for the hiss.

One last thing - on some of the factory systems where you are required to sum the front tweeters and doors, we have heard some instances where the sub is also getting summed into the mix. This is usually unnecessary since you'll likely have full range from the fronts, plus, you are only adding the noise floor from the sub signal to the fronts, which compounds any hiss you are dealing with. Keep the subs separate if you can.

Hope this helps.

Dan