1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audio Control LC6I

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 2012SilverSport, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Nov 7, 2012 at 4:10 AM
    2012SilverSport

2012SilverSport [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver TRD Sport Double Cab
    CS Jumpers LED's throughout the cab and marker/DTRL's weather techs/seat covers. Head unit Pioneer AVHX5500BHS, Speakers, Front, Polk Audio DXi 6500 component, rear Polk Audio DXi 650s Subwoofer Sound Ordinance B-8PS, Amplifier Alpine KTP 445U. Front ICON extended travel 2.5 remote resi, Camburg UCA's. Rear ICON 2.0 remote res rear. Wheelers 3 leaf HD progressive AAL,
    I am looking at installing the Audio Control LC6I. I would like to know from those that have installed in the newer Tacomas where you tapped into the speaker harness and where you mounted your LC6I. pics please if you have them. Thanks

2. Nov 7, 2012 at 5:17 AM
    tango down

tango down Policy Ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    peoples republik of IL
    Vehicle:
    12 Taco DCSB TRD Off Road
    LED interior, rail mounted ammo cans
    i'll get you some pics in a bit. I mounted mine to the amp rack and will tap into the speaker lines behind the H/u. I havnt gotten the speakers lines tapped yet. Took me all sunday to finish the rack and get it behind the seat.

3. Nov 7, 2012 at 5:30 AM
    2012TXbaja

2012TXbaja Active Member

Member:
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunner
    Tinted windows, 6" Fabtech lift kit with Dirt Logic coilovers & Smoothies
    Since i decided to have a full size box mounted behind my rear seat in my Doublecab, I rerouted my stock amplifier and harness to fit under my rear seat sitting on top of the driveshaft hump. I am spicing wires just after the amp since the amp helps controls alot of my stock JBL Entune headunit.

It might be helpful if you follow these threads:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/244725-anyone-lc6i-newer-non-jbl-taco.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/29425-audio-control-lc6i.html

4. Nov 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    2012SilverSport

Member:
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    CS Jumpers LED's throughout the cab and marker/DTRL's weather techs/seat covers. Head unit Pioneer AVHX5500BHS, Speakers, Front, Polk Audio DXi 6500 component, rear Polk Audio DXi 650s Subwoofer Sound Ordinance B-8PS, Amplifier Alpine KTP 445U. Front ICON extended travel 2.5 remote resi, Camburg UCA's. Rear ICON 2.0 remote res rear. Wheelers 3 leaf HD progressive AAL,
    Tango/baja, greatly appreciate the assistance. I appreciate the links, I did search it just seemed that lot of the other threads got pretty far off track from what the OP wanted.

Thanks again

5. Nov 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    tango down

tango down Policy Ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    peoples republik of IL
    Vehicle:
    here is where my lc6i sits. the amp rack is tucked behind the passenger rear seat and the sub box is behind the driver rear.

lc6i.jpg

6. Nov 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    tango down

tango down Policy Ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    peoples republik of IL
    Vehicle:
    hopefully, this weekend I can tap behind the head unit and get this pig working.
    I am taking out the passenger seat to run the speed wire from the rear amp rack towards the center console, (gain control knob stops there in center console) going towards the head unit. I also have to tidy up some LED wiring in the console while I am there.

Going to use up the rest of my Raammat Ensolite while I have the seat out.

Its almost together. :)

7. Nov 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    2012SilverSport

Member:
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    I bet it is going to be a great system. What speakers are you using?

8. Nov 8, 2012 at 8:20 AM
    96Taco

96Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2014 DBL CAB Tacoma
    Im going to install one of these down the line so let me know how it turns out. I read somewhere you don't have to adjust your sub level with each song which would be nice :)

9. Nov 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM
    tango down

tango down Policy Ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    peoples republik of IL
    Vehicle:
    i have Alpine 6.5 inch all around the doors and Infinity Reference sub. Budget build and my hearing stinks to go the SQ route. Just looking for a decent, daily system that is better than OEM.

10. Nov 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    lawless

lawless the rent is too damn high

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    did you get yours up and running?

me and my cousin spent the better part of a day installing door speakers, all new wiring, and sound deadening, and i ended up driving home with no stereo. i have to go over my wiring this weekend to try and figure it out. i have the LC7i and it would not power on. meh.

11. Nov 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    AudioControl

AudioControl Member

Member:
    @lawless

AudioControl here. Let us know if we can be of any assistance in troubleshooting your LC7i. You can call us for support on (425) 775-8461 or email from this link: http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/c296/Contact-Us.html

P.S. we are watching the forums to see what people's installation experiences are with newer vehicles and we will share tips as we collect them as well.

All the best!

12. Nov 9, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    tango down

tango down Policy Ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    peoples republik of IL
    Vehicle:
    i havnt gotten mine in yet. I have to grind down a spot on the rear wall to accommodate some wiring bundles. then the amp rack will fit so the seats latch. once that is complete then I can wire up the h/u to the LC6i and whatnot.

thanks for chiming in AudioControl....glad to have you watching.

13. Nov 9, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    2012TXbaja

2012TXbaja Active Member

Member:
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunner
    Tinted windows, 6" Fabtech lift kit with Dirt Logic coilovers & Smoothies
    Welcome to the forums Audiocontrol, we would defitly like your advice and opinions about our audio instalations.

14. Nov 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    2012SilverSport

Member:
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    Agree, welcome Audio Control. Would definitely appreciate the advice.

15. Nov 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    tango down

tango down Policy Ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    peoples republik of IL
    Vehicle:
    I got my system up and running. Flawless install and everything works as planned. The LC6i powered on just fine. I could hear a slight "click" or "hmpf" (but not from the sub or other speakers) when it powers on. Technically, I don't know if it is the LC6i that makes the noise. Could be the amps.

Either way the LC6i is doing just what I want it to do....convert the speaker wire to RCA and give me the ability to tweak the output slightly.

I am very happy.

16. Nov 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    AudioControl

AudioControl Member

Member:
    Glad to hear you got your system up and running, tango down. Have fun!

How are things going for your, lawless. Did you get your LC7i to power on?

17. Nov 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    MrBrown

MrBrown New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    '12 Pyrite Mica Pre
    Eibach Coils, Bilstein 5100, Nitto Terra Grappler 265/70/17, Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Track Rack, Hybrid Audio Technologies Speakers, JL XD700/5 Amp, Alumapro MX 10" sub in self made box, Audiocontrol LC7i.
    Sup Everyone! I just installed an LC7i and struggled to find any insight beforehand so I thought i would help a few folks out, and maybe compare some results. First Post here for Me.

My LC7i also did not power on immediately with the GTO automatic turn on Circuit. I ran a jumper from my amp's switched turn on wire and then it works beautifully. No pops on turn on, but i do have a very slight hiss, not noticeable above road or engine noise but it is there. BTW i have a 2012 non nav stock HU.

I mounted the LC7i under the carpet on the front passenger side, specifically, near the passengers left foot, below the glovebox and on the side of the center console / transmission tunnel. Perfect spot because i can easily fold down the carpet if i need to make any adjustments, wiring is a direct shot down from the HU, and you cannot tell that it is there, at all, under the carpet.

I am curious to find out where people are setting the Accubass level and threshold...it was hard to tell where my bass roll-off started so in the end i Just left both of these settings at noon (halfway up). Please let me know if you found the "Sweet Spot"

Mine sounds pretty damn good...I have some slight clipping at very high volumes with some music that is very bass heavy, but that may be my amp input sensitivity or my sub hitting Xmax. Dunno still tweaking slightly, but 99% of my music sounds very good.

18. Dec 20, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    lawless

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    i have had my stereo project on hold because of school, i don't have a garage, and it's been raining in Seattle if you can imagine. i'm about out of excuses so i found a bit of time to work with my system.

i installed a LC7i and could not get it running - see post #10. i haven't looked for help yet because i assumed there was some kind of install error and i wanted to get a chance to troubleshoot first. my assumption was spot on as a failed to wire the remote on to the LC7i thinking the unit would power on from the speaker level inputs. i wired the remote to the 12v and now the LC7i and my amp power up but no music.

when turning up the gain a bit on my amp i got some hum out of the speakers so it appears the problem is the LC7i is not sending output and maybe not receiving input from the head unit. the receiving bit seems unlikely but i have yet to check my connections.

the first thing i tried was to flip the GTO jumper and hold my breath, but no dice. i'll check the speaker level inputs from the head unit but if those look ok i'm going to need some help. ideas?

19. Dec 21, 2012 at 8:47 AM
    AudioControl

AudioControl Member

Member:
    lawless -

I talked to you on the phone yesterday. Just wondering if you got those resisters and if you had any luck getting things up an running.

Call any time.

All the best and Merry Christmas to all on the TacomaWorld Forums!

AudioControl

20. Jan 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    lawless

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    i tried an 100 Ohm 1/2 watt resistor but it's still quiet in my cab. i put one end of the resistor in the left front (+) and one in the (-). is that the correct way to install?

i also found an old headphone jack and attached the left channel to the front left speaker input of the LC7i and played music through the phone. nothing. i may need a beefier signal.

so still having trouble on the input and output side of my system.

Products Discussed in

To Top