Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

13TW5V2 in a regular cab

Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
Leonel is on a distinguished road

Leonel's Tacoma Gallery
13TW5V2 in a regular cab

Just wondering if anybody has one of this JL subs in a regular cab,how is that working out? any opinions?
I'm currently using a shallow RF PD3S10 and im not really happy with it, I'm aware that part of the problem is that bench seat
Old 11-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
What's the problem with your current sub? What "gap" are you hoping this new sub will fill?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #3

Leonel's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds doesn't sound as solid as the JL I used to have on my old truck
Old 11-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What kind of box is it in (volume and tuning) and what do you have powering it? I need to post exact models of both the sub and amp. Links would be a nice plus
Old 11-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #5

Leonel's Tacoma Gallery
Volume of the sealed enclosure is 0.62 and is powered by the 5th channel of a HD900/5
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
Sounds Gooooood

Put it in a ported box. It will be louder and cleaner on the bottom end low notes.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Put it in a ported box. It will be louder and cleaner on the bottom end low notes.
possible to do this with one or two of the 10" versions in a double cab? or not enough room?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Bro, come over to Sacramento this weekend before I leave town and I'll tune that thing for you. That sub is one of the better subs I've ever owned. Sure its no 13TW5, but it pounds beyond belief.

If you're dead set on getting rid of it though, I would LOVE to take it off your hands.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #9

Leonel's Tacoma Gallery
I DON'T HAVE THE ROOM FOR A PORTED BOX !! IS A REGULAR CAB !!!
my other truck is a Solid Axle'd 89 X-cab so the sub has more room, in the extra cab is right behind the bench seat that is not really solidly finished in the back from the factory
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
Sounds Gooooood

Take brian up on his offer to help you tune it. At the very least, he may buy it off you if you still don't like it.