Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Troubleshooting help needed

Old 11-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Troubleshooting help needed

OK here is my problem:
When driving down the road, listening to the radio my front speakers cut out intermittently. Sometimes its the right side, sometimes it is the left side.
Now here is the twist, when playing the ipod or the cd player, I do not get the cut out that I am having with my radio.
Any suggestions?
Alpine head unit
Old 11-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
The tuner in the head unit may be going out. Is that all you have is a head unit? Do you have any aftermarket amps/speakers or anything else?
Old 11-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Somethings wrong with you radio. Troubleshooting 101 and you've eliminated the other possibilities real quick.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
kurtw is on a distinguished road
kurtw's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a remote input jack on the back of the deck? Usually looks like a headphone jack or a little smaller version of one. Check to make sure it's clean - blow it out with canned air. Otherwise, it's probably a bad tuner - not uncommon in Pioneer, Sony, and JVC radios if you have one of those. Back in the day when I did car audio install (many moons ago) we had a running count of Pioneer and Sonys that were bad out of the box.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

StZu's Tacoma Gallery
I have aftermarket speakers and a boss subwoofer under the pass seat. I dont think it is a connection problem with the speakers/sub.
Kurt it is an alpine about 2 years old.
I was told by someone it may be my antenna is loose? Could this make my radio cut speakers out?
Old 11-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StZu View Post
I have aftermarket speakers and a boss subwoofer under the pass seat. I dont think it is a connection problem with the speakers/sub.
Kurt it is an alpine about 2 years old.
I was told by someone it may be my antenna is loose? Could this make my radio cut speakers out?
Normally you'll get static... sounds like a problem with the deck. It isn't a wiring problem if it's not doing it while playing the ipod.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #7

StZu's Tacoma Gallery
I guess its time for a new head unit