Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

New Owner, help with XM!

Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
mdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nice

mdurbs68's Tacoma Gallery
New Owner, help with XM!

I am the new owner of a 2010 DC TRD Sport. I have used the search function here to answer my question but couldn't find an answer.
My truck has the satellite antenna on the roof but my radio does not go to XM preview when I press the button on my receiver.
I have an XM Onyx receiver and a current subscription. My question is does anybody know what I need to connect my Onyx receiver to the factory roof antenna. I know where the factory connection is on the driver side kick plate but have no idea what connector to use.
The antenna that comes with the Onyx is terrible.
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
Bigtaco81 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 9th ESB
Bigtaco81's Tacoma Gallery
you need to call siriusxm and tell them you want to activate your account. they will shoot a signal to your radio but your radio has to be on channel 1 or 0 it will give your id. you have to give that id to the sales rep. just follow there directions from there. hope this helps . I have sirius radio........I hate the sirius xm the reception sucks. For some reason sirius is better.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurbs68 View Post
I am the new owner of a 2010 DC TRD Sport. I have used the search function here to answer my question but couldn't find an answer.
My truck has the satellite antenna on the roof but my radio does not go to XM preview when I press the button on my receiver.
I have an XM Onyx receiver and a current subscription. My question is does anybody know what I need to connect my Onyx receiver to the factory roof antenna. I know where the factory connection is on the driver side kick plate but have no idea what connector to use.
The antenna that comes with the Onyx is terrible.
Thanks in advance.
So is the onyx a serperate receiver? Im not familiar with it. But this may be what you need http://www.tss-radio.com/products/le...ntenna-adapter
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-location.html
This is what i did in my truck to use the stock antenna

Edit, im a little confused. Are you trying to use the xm capability on the stock stereo? Or do you want to use a xm reciever, so you will change the channels on the onyx? And then connect that to the stock stereo via aux cord or fm transmitter. If you want the second option then The lexus shark fin adapter should be exactly what your looking for, it has the same male end as all the crappy magnetic antennas for sirius or xm have but the other end plugs into a port in the drivers side kickplate like you have already figured out.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know if you have any more questions. I did this in my 09 and from what i have read the 09 and 10 are set up the same. My signal comes in great and it rarely cuts out even when i am deep in the woods offroading surrounded by trees.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
mdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nicemdurbs68 is just really nice

mdurbs68's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Let me know if you have any more questions. I did this in my 09 and from what i have read the 09 and 10 are set up the same. My signal comes in great and it rarely cuts out even when i am deep in the woods offroading surrounded by trees.
Onyx is a XM receiver that I had in my Camry. I control the channels from this unit, not the stock unit. I will try your 2nd option. Thanks for your help.

Bigtaco81: thanks for your reply. I don't think my stock radio has XM. When I press the XM button, it doesn't go to the preview channel.